T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Epson F2100 Dtg on aprons

I have a home depot apron. It's 55% cotton 45% poly, am I able to dtg it and heat press it and if yes what are the instructions? It also looks to have been screen printed with the home depot logo on it already.

I use Epson F2100
new to printing, thank you in advance.

· Registered
345 Posts
Re: Epson F2100 Dtg on aprons

We have printed on many aprons but not the Home Depot apron. It should print the same as a t-shirt. The main thing to watch out for are that some aprons have a coating on them which limits your ability to print. Depending on what the design is it might be better to apply custom cut vinyl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
5,872 Posts

I have a home depot apron. It's 55% cotton 45% poly, am I able to dtg it and heat press it and if yes what are the instructions? It also looks to have been screen printed with the home depot logo on it already.

I use Epson F2100
new to printing, thank you in advance.

One way to check for waterproofing or coating on a garment is to put a few drops of water on top of it. If the water beads up on top then chances are there is a coating on it and the printer's water based ink will not adhere well for washability. If the water soaks in to the garment you should be OK to print.

_

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I did the water test and it did bead up for the most part. I can still print like a black shirt where I pretreat, I just can't wash it? As long as it doesn't get washed the ink should stay on it? Heat at 340 at 40 seconds?

· Registered
5,872 Posts

I did the water test and it did bead up for the most part. I can still print like a black shirt where I pretreat, I just can't wash it? As long as it doesn't get washed the ink should stay on it? Heat at 340 at 40 seconds?

I would suggest test printing one apron and see if it doesn't rub off.

If you are printing white ink on it then you should be heat pressing it for 90 seconds.

_

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.