T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have purcheased a DTG M2 this Aug and trying to find out if anyone else is having issues with this machine. It is dropping ink in random places on the shirt causes the shirt to get trashed or used as a rag.:mad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Currently they have sent me new dampers and a new pump but that has not fixed the issue. I'm currently waiting to see what the next step is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Running the machine all day as I have a large order to fill, YES cleaning the head everyday and between runs trying to keep ink from dropping onto the sheets, change the WIMS filter last week and it is always on. Company never send you could turn it off. (WOW)

·
Registered
65 Posts
If the machine is dripping coloured ink only, ask your machine supplier about changing the the air pressure supply to your bottles, this could be forcing too much ink towards the head, hence the head leaking.

Regards

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I would suggest making sure that the wiper blade, spit tank cover, capping station and edges of the print head are clean. If the droplets are large (3-4 mm or bigger) then the droplets may be coming from the head itself. If they are smaller (pinhead size) then they are likely caused from buildup on one or more of the previously mentioned components. Large droplets would result in what I call "weeping" - which would generally happen across the entire color channel (all of the 180 nozzles for the head).

Can you post some pictures of the capping assembly, wiper blade, spit tank cover and edges of the print head? Maybe we can determine something from the pics.

Thanks,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Military duty has had me away. We think the problem is solved, changed the print head and did 130 + shirts no ink drops.
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just when I was getting orders complete, running a nozzel check and can't get red to print, I have run a cleaning normal and long then an nozzel check (three or four times) and still no red. It may be a clogged head but i wasn't shown what to do for a clogged head. I have a run a red print on one of the many shirts the have drops of ink on them and no red.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:mad:, I'm about done with this machine. maybe I received a lemon (looking into lemon law). Turned on machiine for first time today ran a cleaning then nozzle check, check came out good and printed 2 shirts no problem, same design second run of 2 shirts and get ink drops on both of them, run to more shirts and no ink drops. I have pictures but not sure how to upload.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
:mad:, I'm about done with this machine. maybe I received a lemon (looking into lemon law). Turned on machiine for first time today ran a cleaning then nozzle check, check came out good and printed 2 shirts no problem, same design second run of 2 shirts and get ink drops on both of them, run to more shirts and no ink drops. I have pictures but not sure how to upload.

To upload pictures go to post reply, hit the "Go Advanced" button, then scroll down to "Attach Files" and hit the "Manage Attachments" button.

-

·
Registered
401 Posts
The M2 uses the Dx5 head as does the K3 Raptor ,Viper ,Mod1 , Anajet, Neoflex and many others ,and this is where the problems come from ie the Piezo technology not your machine if you were to take the ink delivery system out of all of these models you have the same principles ,briefly the ink container bottle or cart supplies the head usually under light air pressure through tubing to a damper which slows the flow into the individual chambers of the head and then out through the nozzle plate after passing by the electrically charged crystals, all printers using this system suffer ink flow problems so even though in my honest opinion these products are ridiculously over priced don't think its a faulty machine it's just the setup that needs tweaking in different places and the time consuming maintenance that needs to be adhered to especially with the head ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sunday, printed 13 shirts and the 14th had one ink drop. Pictures are from right after the 13 shirt.

As I read the last post it seems that no matter what i do i will always have shirts that are waste becasue of ink drops. Don't see where the profit is good with that.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Dx5 printhead is the most common head used by DTG printers. Now is used also in Roland new wide format printers as well. So don't get to down yet.
What's the dealer saying? Don is usually pretty good. You are basicly dealing with a syphon system with a small positive pressure assist. Normally without the air assist you would change the bottle height to change the pressure to the head. A capping station that is not keeping drained properly. Partially clogged drain lines / capping station. Build up on wiper. What happens If u do a short clean cycle every 10 shirts?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts