T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
We are getting the E071 error when trying to load the bed/platen.
When I try to load the platen it makes a very short noise as if its going to move then doesn't. It beeps a few times before this .
If I print the platen just goes straight to the back and is way out of line with printhead as the platen is too far back.
Any ideas please?
When I press load , do I need to press any other button to make it go forward.
We bought the M2 second hand last year and are just getting round to using it.
It is relatively new but has been stood.
Any suggestions would be great.
We are fine using the hm1 but this is new us.
Thanks
Printinghell

·
Registered
71 Posts
Stand at the rear of the machine. Looking at the bed you will notice a black U shaped media sensor on the left hand side with a white plug attached. With the machine OFF Slowly move the media tray towards the back of the machine until the grey bracket under the tray is sat inside the sensor.

Go to the front of the machine, press Load. Does the status LED turn green?

If so, go to Menu ^ Test Print > Enter > Nozzle Check > Enter

Does the media tray move or does the machine fail?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stand at the rear of the machine. Looking at the bed you will notice a black U shaped media sensor on the left hand side with a white plug attached. With the machine OFF Slowly move the media tray towards the back of the machine until the grey bracket under the tray is sat inside the sensor.

Go to the front of the machine, press Load. Does the status LED turn green?

If so, go to Menu ^ Test Print > Enter > Nozzle Check > Enter

Does the media tray move or does the machine fail?
Hi Liam
Thanks for getting back to me. Yes that all worked and seems to be working ok so dont know what I was doing earlier :)
Im chipping away at little problems as I go as I dont have a manual for the print pro (software help is next to useless).
Im used to HM1s so this is quite a bit different.
For instance I have the image open but can I hell get the image into the platen layout area. Is there a special button combo I need to do here.
The add job menu is greyed out for some reason so I could be doing something fundamentally wrong (not for the first time I would add)
I thought you would be able to click on the empty platen and be able to load up an image, for both platens if necessary. If I print preview an image I have loaded separately to platen I can see it, but not on the layout. Somethings not right.
Please help me :)
Thanks
Norman

·
Registered
71 Posts
No problem Norman,

Might be worth you getting a days training booked in with your distributor. Where about's are you based?

You need to make sure that you have a Template file open in print pro, press CTRL + L to open the layout template window. Without the correct template files you will not achieve the best results. Locate the "layout template" icon and select the following folder "C:/Windows/Program files/Kothari/Templates. Select 2x1 All media Quality (if you have this template file). Then File > Open and open the selected graphic. You will the notice on the left side a "composites" window. Your graphic should now be visible in this area. Press and hold CTRL and drag the graphic into the white template area on screen.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Liam
I think my M2 has the old enviroments eg
m2 HS white
m2 HD deep
m2 HD deep true black
M2 HD smooth
m2 hd smooth true black

I dont have any other disk with any others on, they seem strange. Do you know if they are correct and if not where I can get them online.
they seem to print an underlay but no colour. Theres a huge dent in my wall where I have been banging my head off it :)
Thanks for any help you can give

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Liam
I think my M2 has the old enviroments eg
m2 HS white
m2 HD deep
m2 HD deep true black
M2 HD smooth
m2 hd smooth true black

I dont have any other disk with any others on, they seem strange. Do you know if they are correct and if not where I can get them online.
they seem to print an underlay but no colour. Theres a huge dent in my wall where I have been banging my head off it :)
Thanks for any help you can give
Inboxed you

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI - just found this post - we just had a major fix with our DTG M2 and now it won't load. it was working ok yesterday but now nothing. I tried the above but no luck. it will not load the shirt. any suggestions??

·
Registered
260 Posts
Is the green "R" light lit on the left centre of the control panel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks uktech - i discovered that little light scrounging through blogs last night - it was totally the little light. i had no idea it even existed. hit the back button and it magically started working - LOL figures it was something so simple.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have same problem with my Raptor, had some multiple fixes on the machine, printed couple beautiful prints, put case back on machine, gone for couple hours, turned it on again, but load just won't work.
Green light on left of control panel does lit, and green light on servo board is blinking as well. Bed just wont move at all. Up and down is working well. Any suggestions, please?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts