T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive searched for ages about getting the right printer to print my tees. And found DTG Kiosk on dtgdigital.com

how much do these printers cost?
is it good quality?
would you be able to start your own printing business with this printer?
also what are the advantages & disadvantages of using one of these printers.

Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
They start at $10,000.

You should judge quality for yourself by going to a show where all the various printers are being demo'd and see for yourself. The next one I think is in a couple of weeks in Ft. Worth.

You can definitely start a business with one. Advantages and disadvantages are too numerous to list. Just do a search here on dtg, browse the dtg forum section, and ask questions at the trade show.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Dtg Kiosk would be fine to statr a Business with. Most printters will have there good points and Bad points as do new motor cars etc. As said above have a good look around and find one that would suit you and your budget. Best of luck.
Grant

·
Registered
11 Posts
As far as disadvantages, and ive only used the DTG, they clog easily. Follow the maintenence to the letter, and read all you can about the printer you pick before you put ink into it. Ive had mine over a year and I learned as much on this forum today as I did in the last year.

·
Registered
348 Posts
You should not have any clogging problems if you keep everything clean and do a white ink print daily. Also leave the machine turn on at all times so it will do automatic head cleans if fitted with a wins board. Swirl white inks daily n bottles and leave settel againg for 15 mins before printing or doing a head clean etc so to avoid sucking air bubbles in tubs or printhead. I keep 2 marbles in each of my bottles and just give a little swirl motion each Morn and Night they work a treat. Alot of people do way to many head cleans in a row and this seems up upset the print head and you will not get a perfect nozzel check if you leave machine again for a while and come back it normally does settle and work again. Also keep cleaning fluid in capping station when not in use and whipe gently the print head itself with soft paper towels with cleaning fliud on it and then press a clean one on the print head also soaked in cleaning fluid to get a little fluid into the nozzels before removing paper towle and putting back over properly on the capping station. Remember to keep capping station and rubber seal on it very clean without damaging it and also print head silver strips on both ends clean. You should not have any problems at all. Good luck.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Oh, and besides the marbles, the DTG Kiosk is a great machine. I liked it so much I bought 2. Maintenace is a must. These machines were not meant to sit idle. If you are lucky enough to be in SWF East's sales area, their support is awesome!!!! Good luck.

Suzette70

1 - 13 of 13 Posts