T-Shirt Forums banner

81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'll most likely re-think it out and see what to do in the new year when I have the time to give it what would be needed. It's a little close to Christmas now and would be to hopeful of getting any products out there.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Re: DTG Kiosk

I did have one problem on my machine that it was doing to many auto head cleans and they replaced the board for that. If your machine is going through alot of ink in head cleans it could possible be the board. I also only leave my machine on 10 to 12 hours a day so it is not wasting ink on head cleans 24 hours.

As far as getting a clean print, are you getting your garment close enough to the print head? I know when it is even a little too low it can give kind of an air brush look to the print and it only takes a very little bit to make this difference.

As far as the color changing in between prints, I have never heard of this. Are you sure you have the right profiles selected on your advanced print settings on your software? They should be as follows:

RGB source - NTSC 1953
CMYK - SWOP simulated

I know Don from SWF east comes on here sometimes so maybe he will shed some light on what is going on for you. I hope it gets better, if there is anything I can do to help let me know :)
Hello I am fairly new to this but I was told to leave the machine on unless it was not going to be used for a long period of time. Did they mis inform me? Also was told for the CMYK to put none. I have a kiosk. Lately I have been having trouble with my colors as they are coming out a bit too dark. My blues are coming out purple, my purples are coming out very very dark, and pinks are coming out darker.
I print in RGB from photoshop.
Any idea what could be causing this?

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you are using Photoshop and have the latest version of Rip Pro, you can use the print from command in Rip Pro and get really good colors. If not, try the different settings in Photoshop such as NTSC1953. When I'm trying to get a color, I like to do test squares and print them out at different settings. You will be amazed how the colors change with each setting. Also, if you have switched inks recently, this could have something to do with your colors changing. The version 2 bright inks have really vibrant color. Hope this helps.

Suzette70

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ok thank you, I was told by tech support at swfeast that switching to the new v02 inks will make a difference. So I ordered them and will await for them to arrive cant wait to see the difference. Also had another question in regards to the choke. I recently had all the settings at 1 and adjusted to -1 but now I have the top which is showing white ink. I was wondering if anyone knows how much should i bump up the top setting to? I was thinking maybe up until #3? If this makes sense. As I corrected the left, right, and bottom when I adjusted it to -1 but whats giving me an issue now is the Top. Will await any input you guys may give me
thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ok thanks Dutch. My new ink arrives on Tuesday so will let you know then.
I am wondering on the white ink I have noticed when its a large area of white going down, it starts out printing great then begins to fade as it goes through the design. Know what may be causing this?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Iused to have a lot of problems with the ink flow on my kiosk.before I got the bulk ink system I could not print below 720x720 because of all the banding,the white ink starvation having to do head cleanings to get it primed,the oink starvation that would slow down my print speed,the 10 or more cleanings to get the white primed.that is all a thing of the past-if any of this sounds familiar that bulk ink system ez pro is the ticket I love my machine for the first time

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes very familiar. How and where do I get the bulk ink system? Will this void my warranty on the kiosk? Do I have to order the v02 in bulk also or do I still use the 4oz bottles from colman?
thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have no idea about the warrenty issue but i still use the v.02 inks myself.the system i bought came from equipment zone and it has larger hoses and cartriges insted of dampers i think with the warranty you would have to get the wims system but im sure it works the same way.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ok seems like I will be doing this upgrade. A few questions I have:
1. Is it difficult to install? I have the kiosk
2. It having larger tubes does it consume more ink?
3. Are you able to print faster? At the moment I am printing at 720 x 720 two passes to get a good print. Anything lower I either get banding or a faded print.
4. Does the white ink settle in the bottles as well?
Anything else you can add to the ez pro bulk system would be appreciated

·
Registered
72 Posts
Another thing do you have any pictures of how you attached yours? I found a video on youtube but my kiosk does not have the blue cover with the hole on top, its completely closed. Also I seen that in the video it was mounted on the left of the kiosk but was hanging off of the opening on the blue cover. Is there another way of mounting it?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I started putting the system on my kiosk at 6:00 in the morning and by 6:45 i had a perfect nozzle check and it has been great every since.I have done several jobs that at 720x720 would have and did take forever,now i can print at 720x360 which cuts my print time in half at 2 passes.as far as consuming more ink i dont think so before this system i had to do alot of headcleaning to the point of rediculous,now i just print it is amazing.The system has caps on the ink bottles and i close them and give them a goo shake at least ever other day.You can go to Equipment Zone - The Screen Printing and Digital Printing Equipment Source and learn more but it solved so many of my problems

·
Registered
95 Posts
my[DTG Kiosk 2] Textile Ink V.02 or FastInk3

kiosk has the hole but this post will give you more info.the people at equip.zone will help to.check this thread out
Textile Ink V.02 or FastInk3

·
Registered
72 Posts
ok thanks, so you still need to do 2 passes but just at 720x360 to get a vibrant print? Or can you do one pass and get a vibrant print? Reason I am asking is when I first got the machine i was doing one pass and doing aobut 15-25 shirts and hr now that I am doing 2 passes I am doing about 5-10 passes and has slowed me down tremondously.

·
Registered
95 Posts
you could get away with one at 720 but i like the print to be very vibrant, i did andorder tonight and the image was 14x 8 and 1 pass at 720x360 took 65 sec.so 130 sec done way less thn half that time way less at 720x720.

·
Registered
72 Posts
oh wow that is great, I usually get a print 4 x 4 at 720 x 720 at 2 passes at about 120-130 sec. So this would def be much much faster. I will be looking into ordering this BIS soon, I will await for the Vo2 inks to arrive next week. And perhaps order the system once those inks arrive. Rather excited to see the outcome of these new inks and ordering the BIS.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Another thing do you have any pictures of how you attached yours? I found a video on youtube but my kiosk does not have the blue cover with the hole on top, its completely closed. Also I seen that in the video it was mounted on the left of the kiosk but was hanging off of the opening on the blue cover. Is there another way of mounting it?

All the Kiosk versions we had seen up till now had the tinted plastic window on top of the cover, which when removed gives you the cutout opening that you need to use the EZ PRO K Bulk Ink System. Brian at Vinyl Signs let us know that the newest Kiosk II's have solid covers. I have attached a copy of the picture that Brian sent us. We have come up with a solution to this. We will provide a template for a user to tape to their solid cover and do their own cutout. Or the cover sent can be sent in to us and we will do the cutout on the cover here. The Kiosk would then look like the one in the other attached picture with the EZ PRO K system attached. Obviously this would only need to be done to the very latest of the Kiosk printers as the others already have the cutout in their covers.

Harry

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did DTG make the cover solid to prevent this attachment? What is the cost of the bulk ink system? You caught my attention! Any answers on the warranty question?

81 - 100 of 139 Posts