T-Shirt Forums banner

61 - 80 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Re: DTG Kiosk

Does anybody have any tips regarding the pre-treat, I'm using the sprayer but it varies from not enough to leaving a dirty stain on the gaarment?

·
Registered
94 Posts

Chad, I believe you only have to use the rip program if printing with white ink. I have the kiosk and use photoshop cs3, however I do not print with white ink either.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hello everyone. My name is Greg. I'm new here. This is about some problems I'm having with my DTG. I was wondering if anyone out there could help me out. I've had my DTG for a year and I really like it. I recently let the ink sit (Which I openly admit is my fault). The head clogged. So I ordered a new print head and I had to order a new print carriage. The reason for the new print carriage is that I snapped the screw port off that holds the retainer bar. Again, my fault..........
Tech support has been great! I installed the new print carriage and print head. But hears my problem. My nozzel check is fine but when I print.....There is literally nothing...The garment is blank......Then I try the nozzel check again, and theirs very little. weird. All the valves are open, ink bottles filled. I tried a different image and it's the same thing. I was thinking that I maybe put the springs in wrong for the print head. Or the syphin isn't good. If anyone has any suggestions, please by all means, I'ld love to hear them.
Thanks for reading this and I'm happy to be a part of what you all do!
Respectfully,
Greg

·
Registered
5,953 Posts

Have you checked your ribbon cables ? If not I would look at the ends that plug into the printhead and make sure there are no burns or scorch marks. I have the HM1 and just had the mother board replaced because it was acting like it was printing but was not laying any ink. But I also was not getting a nozzle check so maybe I am thinking one of your ribbon cables got fried. Look at the ends and make sure you dont see any black or brown marks on them as this is what it sounds like it might be, has any moisture gotten near either of your ribbon cables?. I dont think it is your board because if it was you would be getting nothing at all from your nozzles. Also try cleaning your encoder strip and encoder wheel although to me sounds more like a ribbon cable. Hope this helps you to find your problem and welcome to the forums :)

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions with inks for the DTG Kiosk. I get mine from Colman......A bit pricey.....But if that's what it takes......Any other suppliers and do they stand up with the color and quality?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts

Hi Gypsy,

The ink prices at Colman & Company are right in line with the market price of all of the major players in the direct to garment marketplace. There may be some lower priced inks that seem attractive, but, in the big picture, the savings is are not that significant. Whatever direction you take on your ink, be certain to flush the system completely if you are going to use another brand of ink. All inks have different chemical compositions and we have had some issues when ink brands were mixed (I've even intentionally tried it here to see what happens, and had some clog issues with some of the brands). Another thing to consider is that when you change ink brands you will need to do your own profiling as the software that came with your DTG is profiled for DTG brand ink. If you have purchased the new Bright series inks, you can get the latest profiles for them by installing the latest version of RIP Pro. You definately want to be certain that you do some print testing prior to doing a repeat job whenever you change inks as all ink sets will print at least a little different.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
16 Posts

Hey. for what its worth, I own a Kiosk2, The only problem that I am haveing is I can't keep up with the demand. That will likely lead to me selling the machine but DTG EAST and the Kiosk has been great.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Small but potentiall damaging problem.... I accidently knocked over my pre-treat container and lost its entire content. I need to print white ink immediatley but will not have the new pre treat for 2 days. Is there any alternative I can spray? It is a distressed white print so the quality does not have to be up to the usual standard.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts

Podge,

I have never heard anyone finding a workable alternative solution for pretreatment. Where are you located? Maybe there might be another company that is closer to you. Or maybe someone is closer to you that can spare some. That is my best recommendation.

Mark

·
Registered
168 Posts

I've read in a lot of the forums here that all the problems come down to the white ink. I know the Brother doesn't use white and therefor has less problems from the start but if someone bought an HM-1 and only used it to print on white shirts wouldn't they lose all the white ink problems too?

·
Registered
4,664 Posts

I've read in a lot of the forums here that all the problems come down to the white ink. I know the Brother doesn't use white and therefor has less problems from the start but if someone bought an HM-1 and only used it to print on white shirts wouldn't they lose all the white ink problems too?
For the most part, any printer that is not printing white ink has less challenges than those that do print white ink. The only exception to this statement is when there are non-ink related issues with a printer (feed errors, registration problems,...). The white ink problems for the most part are due to the process of pretreatment and keeping the white ink flowing through the ink delivery system. Remove that from the equation and life will become easier. A good friend of mine was the first person to get an HM1 that was setup as a Dual CMYK printer. You can also just put cleaning fluid or distilled water in the white ink lines and print just CMYK as well. This is something you can do with most of the dtg printers.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Hello everyone I bought a kiosk about 3 weeks ago, and let me tell you it took that long to just get it printing some what normal. I have alot of touble printing on blacks the whole graphic comes out looking speckeled, and sometimes it will be clear on one side of the print and speckle on the other side. I have no idea how to get the color down right, because one print will be what the customer wants and the next will be totally off. I have learned that the kiosk is not what I expected, its good for that one time print but anything in mass quantities not recomended. I feel that I just should have went with a screen printer.
I agree!! I can not believe I spent this kind of money on this machine, I have nothing but problems with it since I took it out of the box. I have done a ton of orders with it and still have TONS of problems. Then because I live in North Carolina and I have had my machine under a year, they tell me that I have to pay 500.00 to have a tech come here and see what is wrong with my machine but that it is problems, operator error. Just had to replace the print head cause they said I did not clean anything properly and the ink loss is so costly is is awful!!! Wish I would have known all this ahead of time.. Hope you do not run into the same HORROR I am experiencing.
Unreal they charge that much money and offer nothing in warranty on it and tell me I need to come back for more training when I already paid for a ticket a hotel for a course all day on how to clean the damn thing and it still clogged. BETTER LUCK TO you. SWF does not want me as a spokes person right now!!!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts

Jenifer,

I am going to speak with tech support now but I see nothing in our support system from you, until yesterday, for almost 2 1/2 months. Looking at all of the tech support notes a large portion of the calls we have from you are regarding issues with your graphics software, Corel, I beleive. I would venture to guess that there are not a lot of companies in the DTG marketplace that would perform an onsite call for only $500 (airfare is going to be at least that amount).

Either I or one of our technicians will be calling you shortly.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Jenifer,

I am going to speak with tech support now but I see nothing in our support system from you, until yesterday, for almost 2 1/2 months. Looking at all of the tech support notes a large portion of the calls we have from you are regarding issues with your graphics software, Corel, I beleive. I would venture to guess that there are not a lot of companies in the DTG marketplace that would perform an onsite call for only $500 (airfare is going to be at least that amount).

Either I or one of our technicians will be calling you shortly.

Well to start, I have been emailing Allen and Another when I have problems rather than calling because I seem to get a faster response. Secondly, I am tired of being told that it is my fault and that I am not doing something properly.. I would never has invested this kind of money in this machine if I knew that it was going to suck me dry for ink when you do these head cleanings and also have to replace a print head for 330.00 when I have been running a gallon of distilled water and solution through the machine everytime I go out of town or am not using it.
I have been in business for a long time and shame on me for not doing more research on this machine and the cost upkeep and money that has to be spent it a problem occurs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You know I'm starting to think this whole DTG Kiosk and sister products are a big scam.

I have a £12k to £13k paper weight sat here, YES LTD are useless and quite frankly give this whole industry a bad name.

Every time you ask for help they blame you, until they realise it's actually something on their side, they lie to get a sale, their own company director is not even true to his own words.

In the advertising forum here, I have this DTG Kiosk for sale if anyone cares to take it off my hands and re-compensate me a little, please.

I blogged about most of my experiences with them, but ended up giving up, my business then folded because it couldn't sustain that sort of loss. Auroral - YES LTD & The DTG Kiosk.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well, I'll put in my 2 cents. I am a loyal customer to SWF East and Colman and Company. I have bought 2 Kiosks from them and buy all my inks and supplies from them. I bought my first printer and opted not to go for training due to my fear of flying and being on the road with my husband (road rage) for 10 hours. If it were not for their excellent tech support, I would never have made it. I marketed the strong points of the printer and have been very successful. Yes, they do have problems, mostly due to maintenance issues and operator error. I have never had a problem maintenance, operator error, or otherwise that has not been worked out. My salesman, technical support, service manager, and owner of the company have went above and beyond. I choose not to run white ink because I have had no consistent success. And, I admit this is due to my technique, because there are others out there who make beautiful, quality prints using the pretreat and white ink. If you will search the forums, no other brand of direct to garment printer is perfect. They are all based on the same principles and work the same. I am selling 1 of my printers, but that is only because I have added screenprinting to cover large orders on dark garments. Once again, that is because I hate pretreating and am not good at it. These machines were fairly new on the market when most of us initially bought ours. The kinks are still being worked out. I'm sure we all were aware of this when we made our purchase. Some problems do not surface until extended use which cannot be determined with beta testing. Just my 2 cents, but a few things I have tried to keep in mind while working through difficulties.

Suzette70

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, I'll put in my 2 cents. I am a loyal customer to SWF East and Colman and Company. I have bought 2 Kiosks from them and buy all my inks and supplies from them. I bought my first printer and opted not to go for training due to my fear of flying and being on the road with my husband (road rage) for 10 hours. If it were not for their excellent tech support, I would never have made it. I marketed the strong points of the printer and have been very successful. Yes, they do have problems, mostly due to maintenance issues and operator error. I have never had a problem maintenance, operator error, or otherwise that has not been worked out. My salesman, technical support, service manager, and owner of the company have went above and beyond. I choose not to run white ink because I have had no consistent success. And, I admit this is due to my technique, because there are others out there who make beautiful, quality prints using the pretreat and white ink. If you will search the forums, no other brand of direct to garment printer is perfect. They are all based on the same principles and work the same. I am selling 1 of my printers, but that is only because I have added screenprinting to cover large orders on dark garments. Once again, that is because I hate pretreating and am not good at it. These machines were fairly new on the market when most of us initially bought ours. The kinks are still being worked out. I'm sure we all were aware of this when we made our purchase. Some problems do not surface until extended use which cannot be determined with beta testing. Just my 2 cents, but a few things I have tried to keep in mind while working through difficulties.

Suzette70
My experience is with the British supplier of DTG Kiosk and not SWF East. the British company is called YES LTD

I don't expect the process to be perfect, but I do expect it to work for £12 to £13k.

The supplier in England first blamed the operator, then the material, then the process, then accused me of tumble drying at high temperatures when it never even touched a dryer and finally they said it was their inks. Then the same issue came again and again and they kept passing responsibility.

Their the most dishonest bunch of ***** I know.

I required white for the type of work it was intended for, and it seems most of the issues related to it. I hear they now have some kind of device on the head to vibrate and keep the nozzles clear?

I'm tempted to use my paper weight again for just white prints but would need a new print head most likely as it's been stood for a long time now and I would need some more inks. Does anyone know where these could be purchased without using YES LTD within the UK, I really don't want to use bandits again.

You know when ever I read forums relating to this form of printing I always tend to hear better things about American companies, but never about YES LTD.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Unfortunately, I have heard unfavorable comments about some other distributors in the US as well. Bad support can make a bad situation even worse. I'm not sure about shipping, etc., but look at colmanandcompany.com and see if you can order your inks from them, or give Michael a call. Shipping may not make it worth your while, but Michael may know somewhere in the UK that you can get inks. I say give it another go. That is way too much money to spend on a paper weight.

Suzette70

61 - 80 of 139 Posts