T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I recently purchased a DTG Kiosk and have had problems from day 1. I managed to get one print from the machine but now I am unable to get the printer to lay down ink on a T-Shirt. It will produce a perfect nozzle check but when i try to print onto a t-shirt using Print Pro the printer will go through the motions of printing but will not lay down ink?
Any help appreciated.

Dave.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
You want to first check to see if your problem is with the software or the printer. Try printing from your Corel Draw, Photoshop, or Illustrator software directly through your Epson RIP and not through your Print Pro software. If the Kiosk prints it then you know your problem is with your Print Pro software.

Harry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Harry,

Tried printing directly through photoshop but still not printing ink onto garment.

Dave

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Unfortunately, without more information, it could be many different problems. If you are able to do a nozzle check from your computer, through the Epson driver program, then it's a good indication that your computer is communicating with your printer. Did anything happen after you successfully printed your first shirt? Did you try printing another shirt right away or did the printer sit for a few days? Was this a brand new printer or did you buy it used? You would need to provide much more info to be able to troubleshoot your problem.

If you like, you are welcome to call our support department on Monday and they will be happy to try and help you. 1-800-408-0040 or 201-797-1504.

Harry

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
If this is a new machine have you contacted your dealer for support? Th eissue you are having sounds potentially like a bad motherboard. The nozzle check (and a head cleaning) are actually actions sent from the computer that are resident in the printer and can sometimes be sent when regular data won't print. If you have tried printing without Print Pro and used the Epson driver then you may have a hardware problem with the printer. I would suggest you call your dealer as they will have the most experience with both the Kiosk and Print Pro.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is a refurbished machine from a main uk dealer. I received runtime errors after the first print and been unable to print since. I have reinstalled print pro and drivers as suggested by the dealer but still the machine wont print.
Next step is to take it back to dealer, just thought id post to see if there was anything obvious i was doing wrong.

Cheers
Dave.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
One last thing to check, though it is a long shot. If the print carriage was replaced and they did not remove the paper sensor on the bottom of the print carriage it can cause the machine to act like it is printing but not lay down any ink. The sensor is on the bottom of the print carriage on the left side when facing the machine - if the sensor is still there, remove it and try to print again.

Hope this helps!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts