T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking for Pros&Cons on the difference on the 2 machines. Looking to purchase real soon. Can't make up mind on which one to get. Any help?:confused:

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Re: DTG or T-Jet

Hi Golfenputz,

Welcome to the forums. I am obviously a bit biased here, but I'll give you my pitch on the differences.

T-Jet2 vs. Kiosk
Same print engine, feed mechanism and electronics
T-Jet 2 - aftermarket bulk ink system - recently upgraded to fix inherent issues
Kiosk - factory installed bulk ink system with valve system to allow purging/flushing of specific channels of ink, easy to refill/replace ink
T-Jet 2 - uses factory pump to charge/clean ink delivery system
Kiosk - secondary. larger systolic pump for ink charges/power flushing
T-Jet 2 - afterthought waste ink tank that sits outside of printer
Kiosk - factory installed waste ink tank that is emptiable and sits inside of easy access door on machine
T-Jet 2 - waste ink reset requires removal of side panel to access keypad
Kiosk - waste tank reset button located convienently inside of waste tank door
T-Jet 2 - software for white ink - only recently allows use of Corel, Photoshop directly (still somewhat clunky)
Kiosk - RIP Pro software works with any Windows application and via local network with PC server for Mac

These are what I would consider the most specific differences in the machines themselves

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Here is my pros for the t-jet
-inks when printing white- the kiosk uses a dupont white ink while using R&H for colors. dupont whites do not work as well with R&H colors as they do with native dupont colors. Not saying that the Kiosk cant print nice looking dark shirts because it can but the Tjet uses dupont white along with dupont color.
-Waste ink tank is better placed on the tjet, and external waste ink tank lets you keep an eye on the levels while seeing if you head cleanings are actually working.
-if you buy a tjet now it comes with a factory installed bulk ink system
-amazing RIP- works great with photoshop and any other design program I throw at it.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Here is my pros for the t-jet
-inks when printing white- the kiosk uses a dupont white ink while using R&H for colors. dupont whites do not work as well with R&H colors as they do with native dupont colors. Not saying that the Kiosk cant print nice looking dark shirts because it can but the Tjet uses dupont white along with dupont color.
-Waste ink tank is better placed on the tjet, and external waste ink tank lets you keep an eye on the levels while seeing if you head cleanings are actually working.
-if you buy a tjet now it comes with a factory installed bulk ink system
-amazing RIP- works great with photoshop and any other design program I throw at it.
I have no clue about the ink, but I do agree with the external waste ink tank. It's more like a reminder for myself to dump that before it overflows! LOL And yes, my t2 came with the bulk ink pre-installed, and $1000 off of MSRP & about 1500 of free accessories. That was hard to resist. :eek: I'm already eye-ing the jumbo2 if things go well.

·
Registered
535 Posts
i am thinking of writing up from day one of getting an order to shipping the order out, i think this might help people understand the technology more. I am also going to post some more pictures of work that i have done

·
Registered
244 Posts
so what is the waste tank? for extra ink? where does it come from if you're printing to the t? is there airisoled ink that needs collecting? Does it get in the air so you need a filter in the area?
Love the thought of t printing (and on other things it would allow) but trying to decide between commercial embroidery machine or t printer.
djl

·
Registered
90 Posts
A few very important points when considering either a Kiosk or T-Jet Blazer.

The T-Jet Blazer Express can now print 17" X 30" and produces fantastic oversized prints even bleeding off the edge or over a seam.

The Kiosk can only just barely print a3 and not over a seam.

The T-Jet Blazer series can print down the sleeves of hoodies and has special shirt boards to do this.

The Kiosk cannot do this.

When you fill up the bulk ink system on a T-Jet Blazer series all you pay for is the ink.

With a kiosk you need a new chip every time at extra cost over and above the ink.

The T-Jet Blazer series can print onto caps.

The kiosk cannot print caps.

Its a no brainer really !

·
Registered
90 Posts
I thought you had a HM1 model, I dont know about the older models sorry.

One question if I may, how do you cope when a customer wants a full front or back print. Thats all we seem to do a lot of and hoodie arms to. Perhaps things are different in my area.

·
Registered
582 Posts
sorry my mistake, multicopy

original post was asking about kiosk, your reply was referring to HM-1 (they do need chips replaced) an I got confused. :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts