T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kiosk has the error eject light flashing and all the little red lights blinking at the same time very fast. I have replaced the encoder strip twice unpluged the printer, oiled the rails and still have the same lights flashing. Help!

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
You probably have to reset your waste ink counter. This can be done through the adjustment program that you can download from our web site:
Fast T-Jet Adjustment Program
The program works on the Fast T-Jet 1 and Fast T-Jet 2 printers as well as the DTG Kiosk, all of which use the Epson 2200 print assembly.

Harry

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi, how long have you had your machine? I only ask that because I have mine for over a year and never have had to replace the encoder strip. When the error eject button is flashing at the same time as the other lights, for me it has helped to clean the encoder strip. I apply some clear windex on a paper towel and clean the strip. It's normally very dirty. I'm not telling you that's your problem or that's the best way to fix it, but has worked for me many times.

Good Luck!!

Nabilah

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One other time I had the same problem and cleaning the encoder strip worked. For some reason this time it is not working. I was just wondering if someone had any other suggestions. I didn't know if there was something else I could clean or what else the lights flashing fast at the same time could mean. It had been working just fine printing shirts and then started laying down ink where ever and then the lights started blinking. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Open your control panel, then printers then Epson 2200 and use the Maintenance program to see if you can "get status". Sometimes it will give you enough info about what the problem is like, waste ink counter, etc.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi, there are three items that the Manuel has for reasons that the lights could be flashing in sequence with the error eject button.

1. Print Head carriage movement blocked or interrupted by foreign object.

2. Dirty Encoder Strip

3. Printer Bed movement blocked or interrupted by foreign object. (this has happened to me as well on a few occasions...I lowered the bed and things were fixed)

I'm sorry I can't help further.
Nabs

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The bed goes in and out without a problem. What do you think I should be looking for on the print head carriage being blocked or interrupted by a foreign object. I can push it from side to side when it is off.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is on initalization. The carriage begins from the capping station. Then moves very slow to the left then fast back to the capping station. Then very slow again to the left then fast again back to the capping station. Then very slow to the left again and then stops. That is when all the lights starting blinking. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
It sounds like the encoder strip is not being properly read, three suggestions:

1. Make sure the encoder strip is properly seated in the back of the carriage and on the machine itself.

2. Blow out the sensor on the back of the carriage, there may be something obstructing the encoder sensor (like lint)

3. Replace the encoder strip and encoder spring with new ones, making certain that they are seated properly

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will look for lint. What do you mean by seated properly with the encoder strip. There is an S on the far right side of the strip facing forward. Is that what you mean? Thanks Don.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Yes, the "S" needs to be on the front, upright. Also make sure the spring is not stretched out and that the emcoder strip is riding properly through the encoder sensor on the back of the carriage. It is possible that the encoder needs to be replaced, if you clean it regularly with Windex or cleaning solution it will eventually wear out. Good news is that they are not expensive.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am headed to my shop now. I will let you know if that works. I had ordered two new encoder strips and tried both, but I did not look for lint at the back of the carriage. You're right they are not expensive and now I will keep one on hand. Thanks for the tip on them wearing out. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lint must have been the problem. After I blew out the back it started right up. However now I have another problem. Since it has sat since last Tuesday without running I tried flushing all the lines with cleaning solution. Replaced all the dampers. Now it barely prints and all the dampers have a mixture of more that one color in them. Please help!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the tips! I put a couple of drops of distilled water in the capping station and ran some head cleanings. Should I be cleaning the capping station with something else. I also cleaned the seal around the edge of the capping station with the cleaning solution first thing. The nozzle check is getting a little better. Should I let it sit for awhile? Thanks!!!:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts