T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone im new here.

I have managed to pick up a DTG Kiosk printer at a really good price but am new to using a dtg printer.
i have set it up and just gone into photoshop and prined a couple of pics some the print quality was good and some really bad and havnt managed how to center the image on the tshirt.
i know there are settings etc. i need to learn i was just wndering if there is a tutorial out there which teaches a complete amateur how to set up a print area on corel or photoshop etc. and how to set up the quality of print.

mant thanks in advance Oli

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Nope, at least not that I know of, I would recommend that you contact the seller and request the software that should have came with the machine, if that isn't a option then I would contact Don @ SWF East here on TSF, he'll be able to get you fixed up.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok cheers m8 ive found a disk called DTG KIOSK drivers manual designs could this be it prob is my dvd rom dont read it.

will the rip do all wat i need?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
The RIP is a necessary piece of software to get consistent quality prints from your printer, it also controls your white ink usage (underbase) and the CMYK (colors) as far as the amount of ink used and the print mode or resolution.

You really need it although as you have found you can print directly from Photoshop but also as you found your results won't be consistent.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
This is again a function of the RIP software, I guess it could be done in photoshop, but I'm not certain as to your success, but I'd guess you would need a transparent background the same size and orientation as your shirt board/max printing area, and center your artwork on it.

Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts