T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: DTG Kiosk, First Prints

I am confident I made a good choice with DTG Kiosk. I am just having trouble getting started. When I print white ink, the first line starts printing with dark grey, then steadily turns to white ink. I thought maybe the pretreatment, but it's every shirt and I am spraying even. I just replaced the dampers and it's better, just not even good.

Any suggestions? I followed all settings from training video from dtg america and even selected no back underbase.

Please help.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

I am confident I made a good choice with DTG Kiosk. I am just having trouble getting started. When I print white ink, the first line starts printing with dark grey, then steadily turns to white ink. I thought maybe the pretreatment, but it's every shirt and I am spraying even. I just replaced the dampers and it's better, just not even good.

Any suggestions? I followed all settings from training video from dtg america and even selected no back underbase.

Please help.
Could be an initial flow/charge issue where theres not enough white ink in the head when you start printing. Have you tried doing a head clean right before printing the shirt (and perhaps a nozzle check) to see if all the white heads are firing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

i've tried multiple head cleanings and nozzle checks just before printing and had a good nozzle check. i am using adobe photoshop elements 4.0. the last two items to check are software issue or print head??? please share your thoughts.

·
Registered
113 Posts

Does this off-white problem only happen when you first start printing for the day or on each garment you print ? If it is the start of each day it may be that you need to turn the ink valves off at night or put less drops in the cleaning station at the end of each day.

Have a look at the ink in the white dampers, is there dark ink 'floating' on the surface ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

each garment starts out grey and turns white. checked dampers and they are o.k. we did replace them this week and seem to get better nozzle checks but white is not firing at all on nozzle checks.

·
Registered
690 Posts

Please help.
How's the nozzle check? Are you shaking the ink daily?

·
Registered
113 Posts

Sorry to harp on, but you did not say if you close the ink valves off at night, or how much fluid you are putting in the capping station.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

we are shaking the white bottles. i have not tried shutting the valves off at night. should i? when you ask how much ink we put in the capping station, the capping station always appears very wet.

i will admit i have not made it to training in tampa. next class is early june. in the meantime, i've watched all videos and keep the manual right at hand.

·
Registered
113 Posts

It's better to 'swirl' the bottles than shake them. After wiping the head at night you only need a few drops of fluid in the capping station. It seems to help if you turn the ink valves to the 'off' position each night.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

thanks for the help. i'm now noticing color prints starting dark and then they are fine. no matter what i print, it starts with black for just about 1/2 inch and then the correct color starts. could it be the print head?

i stated i was shaking white ink but i am actually swirling. i will try turning off valves tonight and add drops to capping station. you asked about quality of nozzle checks. i do get good nozzle checks but it takes a lot of head cleanings. i probably haven't printed much over 100 tees since i got the kiosk and i have filled the waste ink tank 1 1/2 times. will let you know tomorrow on turning off valves and adding drops to capping station.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Same problem I'm having, starts greyish then turns white, but also now mins has what appears to be a small black/blue line in the middle of the white underbase. Very annoying especially when I clean it every day, and shake the ink every other. Have already cleaned the 2 month old print head 2 times, replaced dampers capping station wipers ect.

The chick at impression says it can be caused by a damaged printhead, and god at $300 a pop I'm starting to lose interest (money and time) in this machine. Hmm.

trip

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
If its greys and blues then its likely the black/cyan ink is seeping into the white ink channels. Very easy to do if your white ink levels are lower or at the same level as your colors. When you look at the dampers do you see any black/cyan ink inside the white dampers?

The tech would be right in saying it could be the print head. It might be a worthy investment replacing the head to rid this problem.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Good call zhenjie, too often folks spend countless hours trying to avoid the inevitible and end up losing precious time and money instead of simply replacing the damaged component and getting on with printing. It is a good idea to keep critical parts in inventory for such emergencies.

Happy Printing!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts