T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DTG Kiosk 2,I've had problems with my white ink for abt two months..Been printing without it. First I thought they clog and then after many efforts of flushing ,it still didn't work..in the process of using the INK FILL, the capping station overflow with ink.What should I do?Pls help!:confused::confused:

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Re: HELP!

If your capping station is overflowing with ink and it will not clear by pressing INK FILL then you may have either a dirty capping station or a clog somewhere in the lines after the capping station, this could also be the original issue with the white ink not working. I would advise you to contact your dealer regarding getting a new capping station - potentially you may need a new printhead and dampers as well.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thx for your advice, I forgot to mention that I just got my DTG for abt 3 months and haven't really use it that much(less than 100 printing)all other colors are working great.Could you pls tell me how to clean my capping station first? I just want to make sure if the capping station would only be the problem.Thx again for your help!
Tony T

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

If you only use it sparingly, you will always have issues with the white ink. It must be flowing on a daily basis to maintain optimum performance.

Try this - pour a small amount of isopropyl alcohol into your capping station, until it forms a small puddle. Allow it to sit for 60 seconds, then depress the ink fill button. If the alcohol is not sucked down into the pad, then you either have a blockage, a disconnected hose, or a faulty pump mechanism.

Start there and let us know what happens, and maybe we can hep you further.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Hi, thx a lot for the infos, I pour some alcohol in the capping station pad,and it went down when i press the ink fill... Afterwards, I tried flushing one of the white ink and it was no suction watsoever.Could you pls tell why it had no suction at all? thx again for all the help! and if anyone else out there have any infos abt this,pls be kind enuff to help me,thx all!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
It sounds like one of two items. One the rubber gasket around the capping station is either dirty or defective and not making a good seal. Two - the white ink has dried in the head and clogged it up. Are you getting any ink to pull thru the head when you use the ink fill button? If not, it may be a clogged head or damper. Sounds like a head if you get no white.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I'm not sure where you are located, but, a capping station is a relatively inexpensive item - we sell it here at SWF East for under $15. It's probably worth considering.

If your other colors are printing fine and you are getting no white in you nozzle checks and you can't get them to prime, most likley you need a new print head (and new white ink dampers to be safe). If you are not going to use the white ink often, flush out the white lines and fill them with cleaning solution until you need the white and then charge the system with white, print and then flush again. Upside to this is, every time you do a head cleaning you are also running cleaning solution through your capping station - keeping it clean.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,thx for your infos again..At this time, I'm getting very frustrated and thinking abt sending it back service(now the black ink started to acting up).I'm in NYC, do you know anyone in the area that has a repair service?I'd rather not sending it back all the way to Florida.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Hi,thx for your infos again..At this time, I'm getting very frustrated and thinking abt sending it back service(now the black ink started to acting up).I'm in NYC, do you know anyone in the area that has a repair service?I'd rather not sending it back all the way to Florida.

If you are still within your warranty period then you need to send your printer in to SWF for warranty service. They are the dealer for DTG and have a very capable service department. However, if the printer is out of the warranty period, you could bring it in to us if you like. Equipment Zone is in northern New Jersey, just outside NYC. Our service division can probably get you going.

Harry

·
Registered
342 Posts
My understanding of the warranty is that any parts on the printer that ink flows through is not covered under warranty.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Tony,

Since I don't have your company info I cannot check your support records here to verify what all has been done to try to resolve your problem. Have you called tech support about this issue? If you would like to contact me directly at 877-793-3278 ext 122 or by email [email protected] I will help you get this worked out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts