T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the ink costs for the DTG kiosk? White ink? What about the washfastness of white on dark.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Where are you located? Cost can vary depending on your location.

If you are on the eastern half of the U.S., search the forum for Don Copeland. He is in charge of DTG for the eastern half of the U.S. Otherwise, visit DTG America - Digital Garment Printers and follow the links ill you find the appropriate number to call. Best wishes.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I agree with Mark on this.

But in general you can consider the inks to be around 300 per liter and the wash results with vary because of the pretreatment and heat pressing. Sorry to say it but that is just the fact we live with.

Tom

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with Mark on this.

But in general you can consider the inks to be around 300 per liter and the wash results with vary because of the pretreatment and heat pressing. Sorry to say it but that is just the fact we live with.

Tom
I am concerned about the hand and breatheability of the print on dark garments. What do you mean by varying fastness ? how is it related to the heat pressing and pre treatment?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well the breatheability on dark colored garments will be about the same as using a heat transfer because of the white underbase that is laid down first. Printing on black is going to be a little better because there is no ink printed onto the black areas. It really come down to the graphic. Form what I understand on average it is better in terms of breatheability than the heat transfer method.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i am pretty sure he means that the washability of the shirts rely on the quality of pretreatment AND curing of the shirt. There is not a great deal of latitude when it comes to either of these issues. pretreatment effects quality of print as well as how long and how well it will hold up in the wash.

just my opinion though.

tom

·
Registered
113 Posts
Perhaps I misunderstood his statement "I am concerned about the hand and breatheability " but yes, pretreatment is a tricky 'art'. Too little=bad print quality, too much=poor washability. It's really hard to learn the trick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts