T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

im hoping somebody could help me with a problem im having

this morning my dtg kiosk 2 has stopped printing bright colours.

it was fine yesterday, infact it had never been printing better.

the problem is the designs i print daily are printing but are printing very faded.

i changed the capping station,encoder strip and flushed the machine through. when i filled it back up with ink however i did notice one of the white inks wasnt going through the line as quickly as the others. infact it wasnt really going through very fast at all.

any help would be greatly appreciated as i am in the middle of an urgent order :(

many thanks in advance for taking the time to help

mark

· Registered
5,861 Posts
hi all

im hoping somebody could help me with a problem im having

this morning my dtg kiosk 2 has stopped printing bright colours.

it was fine yesterday, infact it had never been printing better.

the problem is the designs i print daily are printing but are printing very faded.

i changed the capping station,encoder strip and flushed the machine through. when i filled it back up with ink however i did notice one of the white inks wasnt going through the line as quickly as the others. infact it wasnt really going through very fast at all.

any help would be greatly appreciated as i am in the middle of an urgent order :(

many thanks in advance for taking the time to help

mark

What does your nozzle check show?

_

· Premium Member
4,310 Posts
Sounds like could be having some clogging happening in your one white line. If the white ink isn't as bright, then it's not laying down enough white. I would try flushing that line to see if you can get it cleared up. How does your nozzle test look?

· Premium Member
4,310 Posts
I wouldn't replace the printhead that quickly. If it was printing yesterday and now it's not, then the head is either clogged or air locked in it. When you compare the nozzle test, does it look like the same nozzles are clogged or is it moving around? If it's moving around, then it's air, if it's the same, then it's clogged.

If it's air, you could let it sit for an hour and try it again. If it's clogged, you could let your printhead soak in something like straight ammonia or if you have a head cleaner that could work too. Fill your capping station with it and park the head and let it sit. Come back after an hour and run a head clean then a nozzle test to see where you are.

To test your capping station, you can fill it up with liquid, then run a head clean and see if it clears out.

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i did that this morning after the problem started, however i changed the encoder strip 2 days ago when i was getting an unwanted line on my t-shirts. this solved the problem of the unwanted line and was printing better than ever untill this morning

· Premium Member
4,310 Posts
Mark, it sounds like there could have been several issues hitting you at once. Make sure you are doing thorough cleanings with your daily maintenance. Don't be so quick to replace parts, instead focus on keeping them clean. I'm not saying you aren't doing this now, but the only info we have to go on is you saying you've been replacing all of these parts. This could get very expensive....

· Premium Member
4,310 Posts
il give that a go and come back to it in an hour as the nozzle check is different every time.

fingers crossed. thank you for now guys
If it's moving around, then it's definitely air trapped in the head. Letting it sit should help. I don't know the kiosk very well, but on our system, I know I can remove the head from the dampers, then do a power clean and would be back up and running. On some of the earlier systems, I believe letting it sit is probably the route to go. If you can purge the system of air then run a power clean, I'd give that a go if you don't have the time to wait. ;)

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mark, it sounds like there could have been several issues hitting you at once. Make sure you are doing thorough cleanings with your daily maintenance. Don't be so quick to replace parts, instead focus on keeping them clean. I'm not saying you aren't doing this now, but the only info we have to go on is you saying you've been replacing all of these parts. This could get very expensive....
im quite keen on the maintenance side of things tbh and give everything a clean at the end of the day, capping station,dabbing printhead, cleaning encoder strip ect ect

however i used to leave my machine on constantly, but this last week i have started to turn it off, could this be the cause of the problem?

· Registered
2,224 Posts
Did you properly prime your dampers? How old are they?

Doing an ink fill is not enough. Makes sure your dampers are primed and holding ink.

Make your capping station is properly suctioning fluid into the waste ink tank.

Always do a nozzle check..every time you start your machine.

Make a note to remind your self

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If it's moving around, then it's definitely air trapped in the head. Letting it sit should help. I don't know the kiosk very well, but on our system, I know I can remove the head from the dampers, then do a power clean and would be back up and running. On some of the earlier systems, I believe letting it sit is probably the route to go. If you can purge the system of air then run a power clean, I'd give that a go if you don't have the time to wait. ;)

how do i perform a power clean? sorry for the silly question

also thank you guys for taking the time to help me

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you properly prime your dampers? How old are they?

Doing an ink fill is not enough. Makes sure your dampers are primed and holding ink.

Make your capping station is properly suctioning fluid into the waste ink tank.

Always do a nozzle check..every time you start your machine.

Make a note to remind your self
i kind of do this as routine, run a few head cleans every day before i start, and the end of every night run some cleaning fluid through the capping station the end of every night,clean the printhead with toilet paper and windex ect ect

however if the t-shirts look good i dont bother with the nozzle check
and they were great yesterday.

the dampers are about 4 months old?

· Premium Member
4,310 Posts
I'm not sure if that would be the problem, I imagine it depends on how you shut it down. On mine, I fill my capping station up with fluid and park the head and power it off. When I turn the system back on, I run a head clean and all is good. Our dampers don't allow the ink to flow back up and it won't drain the inks. I've heard on the earlier systems people creating a syphoning effect and draining all of their inks or it backs up into their system. Unfortunately I don't know how your system handles this method. For me, it's been good.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.