T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what kind of results I might expect if I were to print a DTG ink onto paper. Would I still need to cure the ink?

Why would I want to do this? - I'm looking an opaque white ink and I'm not getting the results I want from other types of inks.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Never tried paper. You would still need to pretreat the paper, but you might be able to air dry it. The issue is going to be driving the printer if you do not have a dtg or a RIP specifically for white ink.

·
Registered
934 Posts
It might work, depending how much you are needing to lay down. If you put too much your paper would get soggy and the ink would run. However doing nozzle checks the ink prints out fine on paper.

Plus, since you will not be washing the item you could just dry it with a blow dryer.

This is just my opinion, I have never down it.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
The biggest concern would be wrinkling from both the pre-treatment stage and the ink stage. My instinct says that it won't work, but, you could try. You might want to try completely saturating the paper in pre-treatment and then drying it with a heat press to minimize the wrinkles.

Good Luck

·
Registered
54 Posts
I’ve printed on dark construction paper using the white ink and no pretreatment, the ink levels had to be pulled back 75% or the ink would puddle up and run, and the paper would curl. I let it air-dry about 45 seconds before touching it and it didn’t smear.

Renee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts