T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With my new Neoflex I have the choice of using carts or bulk. Again, most of my information about all thing DTG has been obtained from this forum.

I'm sure that if you read the DTG section you wont have missed the long thread discussing 'carts' -vs- bulk systems. The conclusions I've drawn are that there's less clogging with carts than bulk systems.

I know some of the comments made are from 'interesed parties', in other words the guys who profit, but, there's also quite a bit of input from those who've made the switch to carts and certainly don't regret it.

With regards to resolute inks, what your experience? And, do your prints suffer from cracking?

John

· Registered
129 Posts
Hi,

Ive used resolute and dupont and resolute is the ink to use.

I know the thread your talking about with the cracking and by the sounds of it that was due to badly cured samples.

In my experience you dont have to use the carts with resolute, we dont use carts as its much more expensive than just pouring the ink straight in. We use too much ink not to buy litres

We use T-jets and they have bulk cartriges. im not familiar with your bulk ink system so i dont know wether it would be beneficial or not.

· Registered
129 Posts
Hi,

No i dont use a bespoke icc profile for the resolute i use the one the printer rip came with which is setup for dupont but that seems to work the colours are different with different inks they are all slightly different shades.

What are you asking which print head?

It is 4880 based it is the standard 4880 print head.

They are all standard print heads there is nothing special about them.

Does your printer have a modified head?

· Registered
2,857 Posts
If u are having problems with clogging. As most of us do. The closed systems tend to clog less. Can u go to a 500 ml cart. U said u were using 220 s now. When referring to carts in a Tjet they are very small. U however will have problems if u try to refill ur 220s as air will get in and negate the benefit of the closed system. Resolute will help with clogging but as wa s said the jury is still out. Another new ink is Tprint inks supposed to be similar in anticlogging but I don't know anyone using it yet. Be nice to see an anticlogging ink such as resolute in a bag system (closed) and use a Teflon coated head. All the best for anticlogging.

· Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, I've not had any issues with clogging but that might be because I haven't had anytime to play with my Neoflex yet - it's still not had any ink inside :) My day job is damned exhausting at the moment and hanging off the side of high buildings is quite tiring - my day job!

The 220ml carts I have are NOT refillable and neither would I attempt to refill them. I do however have the option of using refillable 500ml cartridges but I'm inclined to stick with the closed circuit so as to reduce clogging.

Can u go to a 500 ml cart. U said u were using 220 s now. When referring to carts in a Tjet they are very small.

U however will have problems if u try to refill ur 220s as air will get in and negate the benefit of the closed system. Resolute will help with clogging but as wa s said the jury is still out.

Another new ink is Tprint inks supposed to be similar in anticlogging but I don't know anyone using it yet. Be nice to see an anticlogging ink such as resolute in a bag system (closed) and use a Teflon coated head. All the best for anticlogging.

Attachments

· Registered
2,857 Posts
If you do elect to go with a bulk system try to use larger lines. Can't remember the ID but you might be able to find the info on the Equipment Zone web site.

· Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi, Resolute already supplys closed cartridges for the 4880 and has done for some time. Have llook on the website.
But they're never in stock based on their website info! So, are Dupont inks in 220ml carts for the 4880 printhead available from a UK dealer & IN STOCK?

May I ask - what is the curing details for Resolute bulk inks?

I can purchase Dupont 220ml carts for the 4880 printhead from the USA for $64.95 or in UK speak at todays' rate £40.95. Purchase 4 or 8, add on a little postage & tax and it's probably cheaper than UK prices!

· Registered
868 Posts
I have to say they are very popular hence the update on the website sometimes gets missed. We always have stock and if you ever need any and the site is saying out of stock in general we are just behind with updating the new stock.

Noted your dollar calculation, with shipping & import our prices are the best in Europe.

· Registered
180 Posts
I have to say they are very popular hence the update on the website sometimes gets missed. We always have stock and if you ever need any and the site is saying out of stock in general we are just behind with updating the new stock.

Noted your dollar calculation, with shipping & import our prices are the best in Europe.

Hi Colin, would it work on a T Jet with a 4880 based printer? Also whats your price look like on on shipping somewhere to the U.S. and customs fees?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.