T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I am having issues with the ink chips on the HM-1 running out within a week and I have spoken with Tech support from all the DTG places etc that know HM-1s etc. No help figuring it out. I replaced the board with the ink lights on it, all ribbons and cables, bought new chips etc.

It was being really funky at first where one light would trigger then Id replace and 3 other lights would trigger so it was like the low ink/out of ink lights were triggering but the last 2 batches it would work then they would go bad and trigger within a week of replacement and I hadn't even really printed much at all nothing over 10-15 shirts...

I am looking for a fix for this or a different system to bypass this or buy some sort of board or something that has auto-resetting chips or something like that if possible.

I am pretty upset about this issue and it has cost me an arm and a leg and now I have another set of chips in the mail from a different supplier this time as I used MESA chips every time pretty much ever.

Has anyone else had this problem or found a fix etc?

Any help is much appreciated!!

· Registered
2,736 Posts
Hi James,

This is not an issue we have heard many times - especially with chips running out in under a week. In the one instance we had where it did appear to be hardware related - we replaced the chip reader unit (silver box) on the back of the printer and the issue was resolved. If the issue is happening only any & all chips I would consider this as something worth considering.

· Registered
2,768 Posts
Sorry, not really familiar with the way the HM1 resets. However some reset chips require a specific Start sequence first time start up. ie. keep hitting ink button until the yellow ink light lights. But Don would have the scoop on that. Just a thought.

· Registered
2,768 Posts
Figured you guys had something like that, but he had indicated that he had got some chips from some where else. Was just a thought. Sorry you did not make the shoot at Gainesville. thanks for the info.

· Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey don I believe we spoke on the phone last week? I ordered chips from your dist site actually getting them today.
How much is that chip reader assembly? Internals that is.

· Registered
2,736 Posts
Hi James,

Sorry I missed this earlier in the week, I've been pretty busy and not had much forums time. Did the chips resolve the issue? If not, then the most likely culprit is the chip reader unit. This is a part that is sold through our service department - though we have not sold many of them - they can provide you with pricing.

Hope that you were able to get things resolved.

· Registered
6 Posts
I am having almost the same problem with my ink chips going out within a short time. I can't seem to get any help or anyone that knows what is going on . Coldesi sold me another ribbon. it hasn't changed anything. Still have lights on like my chips are bad.
What did you find was the problem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.