T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I'm very new to t-shirt printing etc but was looking to find a cheap DTG printing machine for personal use. I was wondering if this is possible and if best for a new starter?
thanks
Phoebe

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Hmm most machines are gonna cost 10 thousand USD
I believe there is one company in UK that sell them for like 2000 USD ...
Have you thought about converting a printing to dye sublimation? pretty cheap like few hundred bucks but only draw back is that you can't transfer to cotton shirt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you happen to know the link of the company in the uk that sells for 2000 usd? and i was going to use cotton shirts so that might not work :S

·
Registered
42 Posts
if u just want to print for yourself and fans, u may use the heat transfer paper OR heat transfer ink.

unless u want to start a biz, DTG is not what u needed.

For DTG, there are DIY for hobby and some commercial products in the market (US$10k+).

good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought it would be nice to have a machine so I can print whenever I want that would kind of last me. And the designs I was planning to print aren't too simple.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I thought it would be nice to have a machine so I can print whenever I want that would kind of last me. And the designs I was planning to print aren't too simple.
:) ...just like getting a dog / cat in your house.. not only "BUY", but u also need to maintain it ....

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Darn i looked for awhile and couldn't find it ha
I guess they went bankrupt or something but yea they need maintaince and it aint fun.
I had to change 4 hoses 8 dampers and a chip on a 15 thous machine I bought 6 month ago.
You know, you can buy a used cutter plotter for like 600 bucks and a epson 4000 for like 1000 bucks and what you you is print than contour cut it and paste on shirt.
Oh you need a heat press too ha.
Over all be 2000 bucks and alot of ppl do that...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts