T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I'm a graphic design and digital marketer by profession but have recently began to research the DTG industry. Excited about the learning curve and I'm putting together an equipment checklist so I can count the startup cost to launch a successful operation. I am looking at a 1000 - 1500 square feet space's so I have enough room to keep a clean and seperate DTG environment.

Am I missing anything? See below.

(PRINTING EQUIPMENT)

1. DTG Printer (still determining which one to purchase)
  2. Heat Press Tunnel Dryer or both, Gas Fired Oven ....?
  3. Return Feed Dryer
  4. Pretreatment Sprayer
  5. Evaporative Humidifier
  6. Hygrometer,
  7. Portable AC
  8. Portable Heater
  9. Dedicated Laptop or Desktop For Printer....?
(PRINTER SUPPORT & MUST HAVES)

1. Training
  2. Warranty
  3. RIP Software
  4. Adobe Creative Cloud
(PRINTING SUPPLIES)

1. Blanks (100% Cotton) (Weight?)
  2. Colored Ink
  3. White Ink
  4. 2x Replacement Parts (stainless steel printheads,wiper assembly,ribbon cable capping stations, dampers, cartridges, encoder strip and wheel,...?)
  5. Curing Paper? (silicone coated parchment paper)

· Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Pretty good list you got there. There are some specifics that might change depending on the printer you choose etc. I sent you a PM my contact information as it would be easier to discuss everything over the phones opposed to typing a huge novel here lol

· Registered
5,861 Posts
Hey! I'm a graphic design and digital marketer by profession but have recently began to research the DTG industry. Excited about the learning curve and I'm putting together an equipment checklist so I can count the startup cost to launch a successful operation. I am looking at a 1000 - 1500 square feet space's so I have enough room to keep a clean and seperate DTG environment.

Am I missing anything? See below.

One or two heat presses (with auto release) should work fine for you over a conveyor dryer.

Why do you need a stainless steel printhead?

_

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One or two heat presses (with auto release) should work fine for you over a conveyor dryer.

Why do you need a stainless steel printhead?

_

Thanks for your responses. I was just worried about over-curing the shirts and having a long/cumbersome print and fulfillment cycle. (I hope I used the right terms)

I picked stainless steel printheads because I read somewhere in the forum that these last much longer than others. Is this true?

· Registered
1,945 Posts
Thanks for your responses. I was just worried about over-curing the shirts and having a long/cumbersome print and fulfillment cycle. (I hope I used the right terms)

I picked stainless steel printheads because I read somewhere in the forum that these last much longer than others. Is this true?

Even if - you would pay 20 x time more for kyocera or spectra printhead so consider if it's worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.