T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done some prints this morning and cured as normal. The print are perfect and look great when they come out of the machine. I place on heat press and leave for a minute or two and then place on silicone paper and press, but the black ink seems to be no curing properly to the white ink. There are very small carck like lines through the balck ink and it is showing the white ink they are very very small but are everywhere. Any suggestions or help???? I have not had this problem before and it is realy annouying me as I want to sort it out ASAP.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have done some prints this morning and cured as normal. The print are perfect and look great when they come out of the machine. I place on heat press and leave for a minute or two and then place on silicone paper and press, but the black ink seems to be no curing properly to the white ink. There are very small carck like lines through the balck ink and it is showing the white ink they are very very small but are everywhere. Any suggestions or help???? I have not had this problem before and it is realy annouying me as I want to sort it out ASAP.
I would do a nozzle check to see what's up with the black ink. You may have a few clogged nozzles or banding going on. After doing the nozzle check look at the lines in the black carefully, are they straight or are some of them cock-eyed? If you see that few of the lines are deflected than you probably have dried ink build up on the face of the print head, causing a few nozzles to deflect the ink as it shoots out.

It is sort of like pinching the tip of a garden hose with your thumb, without your thumb the water shhots straight, incorporate you thumb and the water deflects to a different angle. Thus if ink dries on the face of the print head and partially covers a nozzle you will get deflection.

Grab some 70% Isopropyl alcohol and a soft cotton swab, If you do not have a soft cotton swab then a paper towel will suffice, Saturate the Swab or paper towel, and slowly press the alcohol up onto that print face, and while supporting the top of the print head with your left hand, Push the isopropyl up against the bottom of the print head, this will push the isopropyl into the nozzles, Then release your pressure slowly as if to draw the solution out of the nozzles.

Now fold the swab or paper towel and with a clean area repeat this, When finished, re saturate the paper towel or swab and wipe the bottom of the print head face thoroughly. Inspect the print head for any signs of resident dried ink. Then preform 2 head cleanings and print a new nozzle check. See if the deflections disappear.

Another point to make here, is to set your BLACK INK UNDERBASE BEHAVIOR to the following.

If you are printing Black shirts, set the BLACK INK UNDERBASE BEHAVIOR to No Under base no black ink. This ommits white underbase in areas that are black, and it will also omitt black ink from being printed and will use the black of the shirt for the black in the design. Having white underbase underneath black ink, always makes the black in the print to be gray...

For all other dark garments set the BLACK INK UNDERBASE BEHAVIOR to No Under Base Use Black ink. This will ommitt the white underbase, but allow the black to print.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The print it self is perfect and all nozzel check are perfect. It is just the curing stage. I was printing a photo typr image onto a shirt and I needed to do it in a Full colour enviroment for this as it was on a white T shirt and a black T shirt so I wanted to keep the prints similar in envroment so they looked the same. The black ink seems to be pulling away from the white ink in the curing stage. Funny thing is it is only on this one particular image. I did another run of 45 T shirt troday for Phillip Island mooter bike racing team and all of these where perfect. It seems to be just this one print for some reason and it has me buggered why. Out of 600 Prints this week only these ones and I want to get them right as the customer is a movie producer and they spend alot of money with me.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Make sure that your pretreatment and pretreatment process is ok. Too much or too little could affect the outcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts