T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Im thinking of buying a DTG printer, my issue is that Ive never used a PC and I never really want to. I produce all my designs in CS3 and PSD's. My question is will DTG printers work directly from a MAC?

· Registered
124 Posts
:confused: Isn't a mac a personal computer? :confused:

You are asking if a DtG printer can be driven directly from MAC/Illustrator.... NO (not that I know of anyway...)

The vector must be converted to a 300 dpi transparent background before the print driver can output print. (I'm working with an Anajet MP5i and AnaRIP 2.5 as the printer driver)

If drivers for the DtG devices available for the mac, then there should be no problems running a DtG printer from your device. However, most if not all DtG system drivers and rips are x86 based.

Later...

· Registered
1,397 Posts
Hi All, Im thinking of buying a DTG printer, my issue is that Ive never used a PC and I never really want to. I produce all my designs in CS3 and PSD's. My question is will DTG printers work directly from a MAC?
It technically won't work in the iOS but if you get something like boot camp or parallels and install windows then you can get it to run that way.

Which dtg printer are you looking at buying?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.