T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi fellows, maybe you should know the price i paid for my hm1 kiosk. i want you to let me know the price you paid for yours especially you from usa, uk or australia.
15000 euros-vat excluding price (!). including vat i paid a total of 17850 euros. i don't feel very well with it. my business location is athens, greece. i paid by 12 monthly instalments via credit card and the local dtg digital dealer wanted me to give him 450 euros more to cover the bank's commission for the credit card payment. what do you think of this? please be honest no matter the pain you will give me...

·
Registered
10 Posts
FYI... It is against the retailer agreement for them to charge you an extra fee to cover the cost of using your Credit card. The retailer agrees to pay that fee in order to have the "Priviledge" to offer that form of payment. whatever you do.. dont pay that extra $450 or whatever it was. You might want to inform them of that as well.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
It is against the policies, however, the seller does not have to accept credit cards on every item they sell. This is how they get around the agreement. Either pay extra or fund the purchase another way.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
450euros not usd. no mate, i didn't pay those money. anything strange that will happen in the future with those guys will be published here. i hope that they will change their policy and things will go fine from now on as i have the feeling that somebody already mailed them to check what i am writing here. maybe the dtg guys who surely are checking the forum daily. the main thing is that i like this machine although the white ink problem is serious. if dtg digital will not supply all us kiosk owners in the near future with white ink that will not contain titanium oxide, so that our epson heads will stop clogging then we have to register complaints against them in every country of the world asking our money back maybe. what do you think of this? epson heads don't seem to like ink containing metalic ingredients and both dtg digital and epson seem to have played a dirty trick on all of us. metal-less ink or money back!! revolution!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
There is white ink available without the titanium. It just does not work very well. As far as them providing you a solution without titanium, do not hold your breath. The worlds largest chemical companies have been working on it with no significant progress.

I for one would not lodge a complaint against DTG on my machines, because I knew what I was getting, because I did my research. I knew about the white ink, as well as the epson heads, and what the consequences of using them together would be.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I myself understand completely why they are charging you the extra to make the 12 monthly payments.. the precent that they are charged for charge cards is high im sure cuse i know mine is.. when you add it all up over a year..
futher more there is the bookkeeping expenses etc..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so how often do you get clogged print head? how many t-shirts do you print in between 2 cloggings? if i knew about this problem then i wouldn't have purchaced the hm1.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I am not sure what is involved in importing a machine into Greece. I also do not know how expensive it is to run a business in Greece, so it is impossible for me to say what is fair.

I will say that if you thought it was unfair, you should not have purchased it.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Hi Discman,

From what I can tell, you paid about $20,000 USD for your HM-1 - about 10% above what we charge here in the US - but I don't know what additional items you received for that price and they are allowing you to pay it off over 12 months. Anytime a machine is imported from one country to another, you can expect to pay additional for the item as there are import duties that must be paid.

In regards to the white ink containing "metal" - yes it does, as does all commercially available white ink for direct to garment printers on the market today. The large chemical companies that develop this ink are continually working on improving the product. The ink we are all selling today is better than the ink a year ago and the ink we will be selling a year from now witll be better than the ink we are selling now. The good thing is - it is simply a matter of replacing the ink when a newer, better version comes out.

Imagine how the folks who bought an iPhone feel!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good luck I have had mine since Feb and it is broke down more than it works. i have replaced It is the only machine I have, it is killing me to make the payments because the machine is always breaking down. Now I am going to have to drive it to get fixed or pay them to come to me 5 hours away and fix it !

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Can you tell me what problems you are having? Maybe I can help save you a drive :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts