T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum and find it a great place to learn! Presently, I've no experience in printing and started some designs.
Looking at this new technology (DTG), I find it is superior in:
1) soft feel
2) low volume / on demand orders
3) good print quality

I'm wondering whether it will be a better option over screen printing when the orders are mainly less than 10 even though it might be just a one/two color design??

I understand from other threads that if the volume goes above 20, it's normally more cost effective to go for screen print.

Another question is whether anyone here actually been through my suitation and went ahead to purchase a DTG and started looking for orders? Sounds silly...but I find on demand idea the way to go (mass customization)!

Also, I've seen the HM1 and T Jet express. I find very little information on the T Jet and wonder why. Please shed some light!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Welcome to the forums
DTG is great for custom orders. we have a brother and love it. ( we do not have white ink however)
I am not sure why you cannot find any info on the t-jet, there are a lot of threads with info on it.
Try typing in t-jet above and see what happens. There are quite a few people on here that have and have had the t-jet and should be able to help answer the questions you have. We have done as few as 1 on our machine and as many as 300 at one time on the machine. I sell everyone on the no feel. They love it and the shirts wash great if done correctly. I have printed and washed many for myself and use bleach( on the white shirts). I do not want to have to tell my customers to wash them a certain way. The one customer we just did cabin shirts for with the photo of their cabins was shocked when I told them they could bleach them. We do screen printing also but have to say once we got our dtg,we started doing a lot less screening. We have had the brother about 2 years

Hope some of that helps

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chris. I find a lot of threads on the T Jet 3 and it's almost always negative. The opposite is for the Brother. Too bad Brother doesn't sell overseas (i'm based in Singapore).
1 thing I'm puzzled....300 shirts and DTG was chosen instead of screen print? Too many colors?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Thanks Chris. I find a lot of threads on the T Jet 3 and it's almost always negative. The opposite is for the Brother. Too bad Brother doesn't sell overseas (i'm based in Singapore).
1 thing I'm puzzled....300 shirts and DTG was chosen instead of screen print? Too many colors?

It was a really nice photo of their wedding chapel, and they wanted the no hand feel that the brother offers.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Printing on light color shirts there really is no limit to how many to print and it is actually cost effective regardless of order size. Its on dark shirt where it becomes less cost effective for large orders as there is more time and cost involved with dark shirts. With light shirts you pretty much can print large orders and still make a good profit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts