T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Glad you like it but....

It looks like too much work. I would rather do plastisol transfers, printable HTV or cut HTV or embroider or anything but that.

Our orders are in the dozens and hundreds of shirts now. If it works to get you in the game, good deal. That is all that counts.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's not the best process, but we are using a lot of it as there are so many short run jobs where it just makes sense. Big full sized prints are a bit much, but the ones we're done that way have been really well received surprisingly. I'm think each job needs to be evaluated on it's own. DTG is a great process, but we don't have enough call to go through the maintenance issues with owning DTG, so we farm it out, and mark it up accordingly. If the customer won't pay, then it's thank you very much and have a nice day. I'm been a screen printer since '72, and still love the process, so it's my favorite...

·
Registered
36 Posts
While I love the concept of DTF and have even tried it on our F2100, I don't love the feel for larger prints. Additionally, it's not really regulated yet by the big boys so one bad batch of powder and you're down until you can get some more. Kinda scary, but I do think the tech will continue to grow and better and more reliable options will continue to pop up.

Curious,how are ya'll printing your DTF transfers right now? Just using a DTG machine? Also, which vendors are your favorite for paper and powder? I can see us getting into this more in 2022.

·
Registered
12 Posts
While I love the concept of DTF and have even tried it on our F2100, I don't love the feel for larger prints. Additionally, it's not really regulated yet by the big boys so one bad batch of powder and you're down until you can get some more. Kinda scary, but I do think the tech will continue to grow and better and more reliable options will continue to pop up.

Curious,how are ya'll printing your DTF transfers right now? Just using a DTG machine? Also, which vendors are your favorite for paper and powder? I can see us getting into this more in 2022.
I print DTG, not dtf but from what I read, a lot of people are using a converted Epson L1800.

I have an f2100 like you. How do you print transfers with it? What paper do you use? I think it would be awesome to bring transfers to make sleeves easier.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not printing them, it's too easy to order them. I like tprnt.com as you can gang them up and the pricing is fine. Plus, they print and ship either the same day, or the next, depending on what time the order gets in.

Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
We love ours! That’s our bread and butter now. People love the durability and the colors! We gave up on white toner and sold all of it.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
DTG looks and feels better.
Subjective.
There are cases where a vinyl type film is desirable.
DTF is basically the same as printable vinyl... It looks and feels very similar.

DTG looks and feels better. DTF is better than white toner though.
White toner prints look similar... but they don't last on t-shirts.
If applied on leather or canvas, they are almost identical.

Big full sized prints are a bit much, but the ones we're done that way have been really well received surprisingly.
Just like printable Vinyl :).

it's not really regulated yet by the big boys so one bad batch of powder and you're down until you can get some more.
Not a problem.
These powders are not new. They have been used in huge quantities for decades in laminates and many other things.

I have an f2100 like you. How do you print transfers with it? What paper do you use? I think it would be awesome to bring transfers to make sleeves easier.
Print the layers in reverse (white on top) and apply the powder. Done.
DTF film (just google it).
Or you can use vinyl (sharper edges similar feel).

·
Registered
Custom DTF Transfers
17 Posts
Curious,how are ya'll printing your DTF transfers right now? Just using a DTG machine?
We're converting Epson desktops for now, but will ramp up with business volume to commercial machines for the purpose.
Also, which vendors are your favorite for paper and powder?
DTFsuperstore.com is one of my favorites - same guy as OpenDTG.com.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Direct To Film (DTF) is one of the main source for printing.Need more clarification about this

Here is a picture of our current setup. We can print transfers for thousands of shirts each day.
Automotive design Motor vehicle Office equipment Engineering Musical instrument
Automotive design Motor vehicle Office equipment Engineering Musical instrument

1 - 18 of 18 Posts