T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dislike drop shipping as well because there are too many variables that can go wrong like the quality of the printed tee-shirt, the reliability of the drop shipper, customer service if things go wrong, etc. I want to see and know that the product being shipped to my customer is retail quality.

So after my experiment with DTG printers, I decided to go with screen printed tee-shirts because they look better and the print lasts longer. Companies like the thePrintful, however, are worth a look because they do produce retail quality products, but their prices are expensive (at least $16 a shirt). Yet one is getting an experienced production team with great customer service from this company. Cheers.
I was researching Printful for my designs. Have you done work with them? If you have, would you PM me so I can ask about how you set them up. I am wanting a company to integrate with my website, but not be difficult for the newbie.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's been almost 2 years since my post on this topic. I decided to use Printful for my printing and shipping service. So far, they have been very reliable. I frequently order "samples" that I review for quality and fit. I did a bunch recently since I had to switch my product line from American Apparel to another brand. I am planning on selling these samples locally at a fair or craft show.

My t-shirts start at $18.95 retail (base cost of the shirt is $13). I don't need to make windfall profits since I want to grow my brand. Printful has a nice integration into my Woocomerce site, customer service has been great, and I like the digital printing they provide. On top of that, they are opening more locations so it cuts down on shipping costs for my customers. Although they are a print on demand business, I can still have a stock created if I wanted to keep some on hand.

So far I have been delighted using their services. They're a nice upgrade from using a company like CafePress or Zazzle, where I can't have any interaction with my customers. Most importantly, I don't have to master a new skill of printing t-shirts. I just have to know what a good quality printer produces. I stay educated, but I can spend my time on my other skills.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.