T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Personally, I love drop shipping because then I don't have to do the fulfillment or manage the inventory myself. These days, though, I actually prefer getting my shirts screen printed on demand (not digital printing), and then drop shipped out to my customers. That way I don't have to invest in an inventory up front. Of course my margin is smaller, but it's worth it for me because I don't have to deal with the hassle and headache of inventory stuff.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My brother used to do it with one of his sites. He did building plans for anything. He liked it after he got a good company to work with. If you have one that you cant trust you are in trouble. His problem was being short on plans and then it took for ever for the ship date. After he got his new company he didnt have a problem. Just do some research on the company before you use them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Drop shipping is a great way to start a business as it allows you to start without having to invest in any significant $$.

Another great benefit for dropshipping custom designed t shirts is that you can offer unlimited amount of designs without any monetary investment.

I like to think of it as selling air as you never see or touch the product.
You can't beat that!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would also, on my part, wish to get some detailed information on drop shipping. Can anyone please come in with a post on the same. I will be very much appreciative for a such. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do you mean dropshipping from the vendor's point of view or from the website/store? As a vendor, I personally didn't like dropshipping unless it was with a website that had at least 20,000 unique visitors per month. Anything less than that and I found that I hardly got any orders.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Drop shipping is a great way to start a business as it allows you to start without having to invest in any significant $$.

Another great benefit for dropshipping custom designed t shirts is that you can offer unlimited amount of designs without any monetary investment.

I like to think of it as selling air as you never see or touch the product.
You can't beat that!
Hi John,

I'm looking for the best model to enter the athletic t-shirt/rash guard business and drop shipping is basically the only alternative for me since I don't want to print myself or have inventory (so I guess buying from wholesalers is also not an option).

The problem I foresee is that I want to differentiate my product by either having unique/different/more complex designs (more than one color, mix of materials, etc.) from the drop shipper itself or, eventually, send them my own designs for them to print and drop ship. I would like to ask you, if it is at all possible to find someone, or if you know someone, that is willing to print and then drop ship on demand (meaning with no minimum orders). If you happen to know anyone who does it for the products described above, even better.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Dirk L.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am in process of starting my own drop-shipping business, have some suppliers lined up. I am getting a custom website made, however I still don't know how to do costing. Can some one please help me. If my supplier is selling a t shirt for $5, how much should I sell it for, for it to get sold and covers all shipping cost??

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am starting a company soon and I am very interested in getting my shirts printed on demand and have them sent directly to my customers from there. Please PM me with the company you are using or if you know of any that are RELIABLE. Thank you guys!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Personally, I love drop shipping because then I don't have to do the fulfillment or manage the inventory myself. These days, though, I actually prefer getting my shirts screen printed on demand (not digital printing), and then drop shipped out to my customers. That way I don't have to invest in an inventory up front. Of course my margin is smaller, but it's worth it for me because I don't have to deal with the hassle and headache of inventory stuff.[/QUOT

WHO DO YOU USE?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Personally, I dislike drop shipping. Assuming you mean that someone supplies product for you and sells it to you when you make a sale. You cannot see the product and are relying on someone else.

There are no good drop shippers. What is the product that you want to sell? Call the company that makes it and ask them whom they sell to. This is a massive amount of effort.

Now if you need someone to store and ship your own product that you buy/make/stock..different animal all together. But I still like to ship it out myself.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I dislike drop shipping as well because there are too many variables that can go wrong like the quality of the printed tee-shirt, the reliability of the drop shipper, customer service if things go wrong, etc. I want to see and know that the product being shipped to my customer is retail quality.

So after my experiment with DTG printers, I decided to go with screen printed tee-shirts because they look better and the print lasts longer. Companies like the thePrintful, however, are worth a look because they do produce retail quality products, but their prices are expensive (at least $16 a shirt). Yet one is getting an experienced production team with great customer service from this company. Cheers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Drop shipping is fine in some situations. But I disagree with it to start. It really cuts into your margins. Sure, there's little/no overhead. And there's the "no work" aspect. But consider the following: The real burden is getting business, not fulfillment. Do you really want to give up a huge chunk of your margin when you can have a versatile budget setup with a heat press/plotter/plastisol transfers for under $1k? Not to mention owning the gear lets you make samples, handle small orders, and really know the constraints on shirts and shirt making.

That's my thoughts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dislike drop shipping as well because there are too many variables that can go wrong like the quality of the printed tee-shirt, the reliability of the drop shipper, customer service if things go wrong, etc. I want to see and know that the product being shipped to my customer is retail quality.

So after my experiment with DTG printers, I decided to go with screen printed tee-shirts because they look better and the print lasts longer. Companies like the thePrintful, however, are worth a look because they do produce retail quality products, but their prices are expensive (at least $16 a shirt). Yet one is getting an experienced production team with great customer service from this company. Cheers.
I was researching Printful for my designs. Have you done work with them? If you have, would you PM me so I can ask about how you set them up. I am wanting a company to integrate with my website, but not be difficult for the newbie.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts