T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running cleaning cartridges and trying to get it unclogged before I do the upcoming switch to the bag system. A couple days ago I move the head over and look at the refection of the print head face and see some white and cyan on ink still there. I put some cleaning solution in the capping station and let it sit overnight, the next day I did some cleanings and it's still there, I put some more solution on a clean cloth and dabbed the print head face, but the ink is still there.

I know you are not supposed to rub the face but I don't see any other way to get the face clean unless someone here has a better idea.BTW, I orded some foam swabs as part of my Brother 541's cleaning kit that you can clean the face of the Brother print heads with and I'm wondering if anyone has used them or something like them to clean the face of a epson printhead face.

I can pull the print head if need be if theres a better way then using a foam cleaning swab to rub the dried ink from the print head face. I was also thinking of using an extra rubber wiper blade I have and use it to try to remove the ink by hand.

Thanks.,

Mark

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
You're not supposed to, but you can in extreme cases like yours. I would get some straight ammonia and distilled water, and maybe a little bit of dish soap and completely saturate a cloth. Hold it on the print head for a bit to get it moist and then try to rub it off. After it's clean put some ammonia into the capping station and let sit for 20 min or so, then hold your ink fill and try to suck out any particles that might have been rubbed into your nozzles.

Most likely they will clear up because they are loose particles in the nozzles and not dried ink.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts