T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Amber, and I am a full time college student with a passion to be a successful future movie director. Currently, I am stuck in South Carolina, but not for long.

I plan on moving to California to transfer my credits to USC. Unfortunately, it is a very expensive place for a young poor college student to survive. I decided to take this summer off from school, and to focus my time on a small online independent clothing line to help support my future financial needs.

At first it was just a small fun "to do" project, but is turning into a passion. I don't know anyone who has done anything like this and I am completely self taught. I am struggling with money, and trying to decide the best routes to take.

I want to use American Apparel. I am unsure of what routes to take when it comes to printing. Printing in South Carolina is quite expensive, so I was considering buying my own screen printing machine, but I do not know anything about it. I would appreciate any feedback.

I hope to inspire people in the future. Money isn't everything, and anything is possible if you want it to be. "Dreams are no longer just dreams but are a purposeful endeavor that is worth that extra push."-Me :]

Thanks,

Amber

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Hey Amber, welcome to the forums.

If you don't have experience with screen printing, it's a tough business to get into. So the big question to ask yourself is, do you want to print tees or do you want to design and sell tees?

My advice is to start small and grow from there. Feel free to PM me, I have a source in SC that does printing and are very affordable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Amber, welcome to the forums.

If you don't have experience with screen printing, it's a tough business to get into. So the big question to ask yourself is, do you want to print tees or do you want to design and sell tees?

My advice is to start small and grow from there. Feel free to PM me, I have a source in SC that does printing and are very affordable.
Thank you, I do agree. I most def. plan on just designing and selling more than printing, but wasn't sure if I should print myself to save money. I would love to know the name of the Printing place you mentioned. Thank you again, amber

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Printing yourself can save money in the long term. But in the shirt term, you would have to buy the equipment, screens, ink, etc, plus buy blank shirts to print on. The initial costs to start up won't save you anything. You are better off spending your money on getting some shirts made by a pro and see if they sell.

Anyway, check out Surfwater Promotions. They are in Myrtle Beach, SC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts