T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Downside: If All American becomes the sole distributor of it, I'll have to bootleg it import-style. Sole distribution for an entire supply chain means higher prices and monopolized services. Wouldn't be advantageous for us production houses to only have one source for a product.
There will be no downside all will enjoy it. I gave you that much. Of course I exist for NeoFamily cannot be denied.
Cheers NeoFamily :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
If this was DuPont, I'd be excited. DuPont has the resources, experience and certainly the cash to get through the beta stage, legal (patents) and bring a product to a stable market with a high degree of efficacy. But I doubt they would trial balloon the news through a forum.

This sounds very much like a knee jerk false starter to me. Drooling and counting the money on the hype of a memo/forum post is kind of like the old saying, "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched".

But, hey! It sounds nice.

Reactions: Justin Walker

·
Registered
106 Posts
The memo Peter posted represents claims by a South Korean company, Valloy Incorporated. Valloy is an investment capital/incubator firm dealing or specializing in photoelectrics and printing technology, among other things.

Valloy controls production (as one of it's market interests) of screen print systems as well as a dtg printer, "The Twister" and alleges to be on the cutting edge with dye sub and this ink, again, among other technologies.

Patent issues aside for a moment, Valloy holds a Massachusetts firm, "Agency Systems Group" which distributes the dtg, ciss systems and of course this ink (when and if), as a key partner of Valloy. I don't know where this leaves Neoflex in the future of this possible product but it would appear any US distribution will be through Agency Systems Group, at least as US importer/distributor. Available information on the whole Valloy operation is loaded with glittering generalities and short on substance. Thats not an indictment, just an observation.

I wish them well in their efforts. But I think before this revolutionizes our industry or any significant part of it, I'll be long retired and clipping coupons in the Caribbean somewhere laying in a hammock sipping a pina colada and wearing my BQ printed tee wardrobe with all the DuPont ink waving in the breeze.

Reactions: Justin Walker

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I wonder how long they've been engineering this, though.

The US has an extraordinarily large short run garment market, compared to the rest of the world but Asia. What limits the States is an extraordinarily larger IP law industry.

Knowing when patents are ending gives R&D years to be ready with a product for retail.

I've often wondered what will replace Sawdust's patented ancient ink formulation -- and the ancient hardware that is known good with that archaic and antiquated ink.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using T-Shirt Forums

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
It does... the issue being discussed, however, is whether or not this will actually be the real thing since Dupont is not behind it, patent issues are at play with Sawgrass, etc. Many have their doubts, so do I, but I have high hopes certainly.
Manuel, Hold up man! LOL, I don't think you want to put that Viper aside just yet.

·
Registered
106 Posts
All good points Treefox. No question the patent and IP situation right now is holding back release of vast improvements. Valloy is about 10 years old as a company. I have no idea how long they've been in research & development or even whether much of this is smoke & mirrors hype to promo their seemingly weak place in the world wide dtg market equipment wise and get some market attention. No specific reason to believe that is the case but I'm naturally skeptical.

At some point I believe the heavy money in the media ink market (read Dupont) will hit the market with improvements. There has been a significant amount of rumor and scuttle butt which leads one to believe that, but nothing of a commitment that I know of.

Patents will still control all of this and influence the outcome and investments any of the players can or will make to get there as well as the defensibility of those patents.

DTG is an industry going through it's wild west days or better put, it's "Steve Jobs in the garage" days. The shake out will be interesting.

And, Manuel, I might not rush into the file cabinet idea to quickly. Of course you could always flip it over and hang an outboard motor on it for weekend water skiing or maybe turn it into a cool fish tank.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Not that this is particularly insightful but I have always said two things about this market segment.
1. Someone will get rich by "sublimating" to darks with white ink.
2. I will buy a dtg in 5 years.

Well I am actually about to break down and buy dtg. While exciting this certainly does not slow me down. I was always holding out for the next technology but as discussed above this sounds like 5-10 years before we are all using this technology. I hope I am wrong...well not really since I am about to invest serious cash into DTG!

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Thank you all on put in your positive nor negative opinions. THey are all healthy things. :)
In few days I will post picture of samples. There are many issues still exist. How to use well and what will be a standard measure. It was same when DuPont hit the market. However, it is closer than we all think. I agree on "don't count chicken on eggs". We wait longer than ~. Until white arrives it is not carrying tons of value but some. Light shirts CYmK without PT is the plus & all poly and cotton is too & Price is so important too & better wash & more gamut & dry simpler but WHITE COLOR ink will play KEY.
I promise I will do everything with wearing NeoFamily's shoes.
I will be in Las Vegas next week do Aeoon install, Ireland 20-25th. 25h-30th London. 7/5-7/7 Japan. 7/7-7/10 Korea(ink meeting include), 7/10-7/13 China. I have to find time to visit Austria Aeoon between NBM show in LB. many Betweens. But I will find time for update this matter.
Pls keep post with thoughts because I will learn from you and will make me better to serve you.
Cheers NeoFamily! Beers are on me always.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Just hanged up the phone with inventor & CEO. Papers are drafted. Set up meeting and discussed details. Patent with Sawgrass and DuPont will not be effect according to him. Free to go. But that is not my territory. I know what is my turf, mine is I want all NeoFamily to win every battles out there is my "The bottom line" and only one goal. No more 2nd hand NeoFlex.:)
Someone called office today and want to order this ink. LOL. Even AA some staffs have no ideas.
I will reach you before u reach me.
Cheers NeoFamily! I want you to be proud and you are the one.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I wonder how long they've been engineering this, though.

The US has an extraordinarily large short run garment market, compared to the rest of the world but Asia. What limits the States is an extraordinarily larger IP law industry.

Knowing when patents are ending gives R&D years to be ready with a product for retail.

I've often wondered what will replace Sawdust's patented ancient ink formulation -- and the ancient hardware that is known good with that archaic and antiquated ink.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using T-Shirt Forums
R&D time table was 2.5 years. Paten filed 2 years ago.
Sawdust? Lol. You are funny.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
I think many/most readers on this post are not realize one thing. I kinda wait for this pops up.
Print Feel:
It will be soft as sublimation feel not same as we used it. Therefore, it will NOT replace current DTG inks. However, there are bigger market than Cotton fields.
Ink choice will be determined by you or multiple printer.
Exam: Now NeoFlex is available in many different style. Just add one printer only or change your current system. Depends on which market you are in and aiming to.
Cheers! Beautiful morning here in Philly.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Not that this is particularly insightful but I have always said two things about this market segment.
1. Someone will get rich by "sublimating" to darks with white ink.
2. I will buy a dtg in 5 years.

Well I am actually about to break down and buy dtg. While exciting this certainly does not slow me down. I was always holding out for the next technology but as discussed above this sounds like 5-10 years before we are all using this technology. I hope I am wrong...well not really since I am about to invest serious cash into DTG!
1. A: I hope you will be the one also. Not someone it should be all be richer.:)
2. A: 5yrs is long time. Really long while we have very short life. I don't know who you are and never want to pushing you to invest on DTG. Car as an example, taxi driver never wait new models comes out. There are taxi customers always. I agree on caution on every investment but do it with ROI calculation. If you have clients turn over will be many times in 5yrs. IMHO.

This technology seems here now. Some Asian companies are using in production line (by CEO). R&D is over. Marketing stage.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
. Valloy is about 10 years old as a company. I have no idea how long they've been in research & development or even whether much of this is smoke & mirrors hype to promo their seemingly weak place in the world wide dtg market equipment wise and get some market attention. No specific reason to believe that is the case but I'm naturally skeptical.
Skeptical makes improvements. I look at it as very healthy thoughts.:)
Valloy is a distributor not manufacture of this ink. Article was originate by Mfg. thanks for pay attention on this product.
Mfg did R&D for many years. Patent filed 2 yrs ago. Easy to say 2.5-3 years? Mfg CEO has been friend with me from his launch in Korea College. Very Brilliant man on chemical.
Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Fascinating on the capabilities of the new ink. Sounds somewhat along the lines of Kinetics, but either way I'm interested in the end result.

Sports wear, especially the moisture wicking material would be a definite area of interest for me with this new ink. I can hear the door hinges creaking open, if the ink gets the seal of approval from AA.

White will be a huge plus, so I'm looking at the potential areas to address if this works out. Either way, AA is always in the works to make something happen for the Family.

My biggest concern is that 70ish feel, time will tell that's for sure. Looking forward to the progress of this new ink capability. :)

21 - 40 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.