T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for markers or crayon like things... Im trying to silk screen black outlines then having kids draw in them. Ive tried the crayon fabric markers and they tend to fade... Is their a commercial or real heavy duty marker or crayon?
Hope this makes sense...
Thanks,
Noc

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Tyler, I have not seen any pro/commercial fabric markers of any kind. I have only seen what you can get at Walmart or Target. There is no reason for a product like that in our industry. It would be too labor intensive and costly for production providing inferior results compared to what we can do with the printing methods already in use.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya i see where your going. My problem is that I need baby onesies maybe 10 of each style at a time. My little girl wants to design and do them, and I would screen print them but they have 6 or 7 colors so my thought was to screenprint a black outline and then let her and her friends color them in. She wants to sell them at the local market but the quality is just not quite their. Any thoughts would be awesome?
Thanks,
Noc

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Hi Tyler,

Here in Australia there are quite a few similar products sold in craft and fabric stores, like fabric markers from Crayola, Pentel, Fibracolour.
After the design is completed, the t-shirt should be ironed to make the drawing colourfast.

Have a look at these sites: Welcome to Paint Me Now and Paint Me

Also, you can do a search here on the forums - this question was already asked a few times and there are some threads with different ideas.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I like your idea. Sharpie now makes a fabric marker and a paint pen that work pretty good. As for the quality just remember part of what makes it cool is that it was done by kids. An unfinished look or roughly filled in look is all a part of the charm that sells the work.
If you want to print the whole thing and make it look like your kid did it; Get a "Bamboo" from Best buy for $100 or the smaller one for $69, set it up in Corel and let your kid "Color" it in Pantone colors. Print the seps and screen them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have you tried Water based ink in a squeeze bottle? It makes a great drawing tool. Small sponges, like a makeup sponge, work for covering larger areas.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Our youth at church have decorated onesies for babyshowers and such. Make sure something is inside the onesie as a separator otherwise the marker can bleed through to the other side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts