T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI...EVERYONE

i was planning on trying to purchase corel draw in about a month when all my bills are paid...so i decided to try to down load and try out (INKSCAPE) before i spend that unnecessary money on corel draw that i can be using somewhere else on some of my other t-shirt making business equipment and needs for the time being and then just buy corel draw in a few months when i pick up a few sales and get more clients in my new biz venture ...

but my problem is i cant seem to figure out how to download and which one to download for my computer i have a ( window xp) and every website i went to download free inkscape had many options of inkscape to choose and download from ...

(NOTE) if possible i would like to download a tested stable built verison of inkscape...can someone tell me which ones would be best for me to download for my computer PLEASE!!!or direct me to a link to download a safe inkscape download for my windows XP computer?

THINK EVERYONE FOR READING.....& HELPING....:)

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
THINKS ...

FOR THE DOWNLOAD....IT WORKED!

BUT NOW I HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM...I MADE A BOO BOO !!!

Well i went threw the whole set up install process successfully went smooth.

but then i accidentally uninstalled it by mistake seconds later...

So then when i tried to reinstall it ...i came to the part about which folder to download it into once again like i did the previous time before...

the first time i installed it , it installed into

C:\program files\inkscape

But when i tried to reinstall it ,it wouldnt let/allow me to save it in that same folder again..in that same way again......a window poped up and said it couldnt be saved in that file or folder...one or the other im unsure which one exactly it said it couldnt be saved in...but i know it said it couldnt be saved there...BUT I KNOW IT HAD LET ME SAVE THERE ONCE BEFORE!

so i tried a different way i decided to put a (1) the number (1) behind the word inkcape....that looks like this

C:\program files\inkscape1

So when i did that it allowed it to download that way...but now all inkscape file now has the number 1 behind them...

my question is will this somehow by me putting/adding the number 1 behind inkscape for it to save into a file or folder when downloaded...will this some how affect me someway in the long run...will it affect how it operates or how i share inkscape info with others etc...or how my designs that i do in inscape be printed out with my printer...

also another questions....? in my tool box area for that inkscape click button that opens and closes my inscape window it reads ( NEW DOCUMENT 1 INKSCAPE) ...is that norm ?

· Registered
1,162 Posts
I don't think it will affect you negatively in any way.
Where did you uninstall it from ? Was it from control panel > add remove programs ?
You could go there, remove both versions : inkscape, and inkscape1, and try installing it again.
Let me know if you have any trouble with it.
Good luck

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think it will affect you negatively in any way.
Where did you uninstall it from ? Was it from control panel > add remove programs ?
You could go there, remove both versions : inkscape, and inkscape1, and try installing it again.
Let me know if you have any trouble with it.
Good luck

i tried but couldnt find but one inkscape...

· Registered
501 Posts
Be aware that you need to download some extra software, if you want to be able to open postscript etc. files. Also needed for some bitmap conversions.

The newest development revisions are actually more stable then the stable version 0.46 release.
Can be downloaded here. You can extract (requires "7 zip") directly into your Inkscape directory, where you have installed. And the new development versions are so much more powerful!!!

· Registered
501 Posts
I forgot to mention, that if you have a Wacom tablet,
you should go to the Wacom setup and:

Get (browse) Inkscape into the list of applications and
set the mouse mapping to pen (absolute coordinates) mode for Inkscape.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.