T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
9,952 Posts
New customers are 100% down, the rest are 50% or more. 50% on delivery. Nobody walks with goods without paying in full.

· Registered
2,510 Posts
We give every customer a "gift card" rebate that expires in 30 days.

If they buy $500 worth of items, I'll give them a $50 gift card good in 30 days. If they buy $1500, I give them a $150 gift card. Must be used in full or the balance is lost. Pretty easy to get them back.

· Registered
2,510 Posts
Agreed. Being able to offer NET0 is a huge benefit. I have a few clients on NET30 that we get because of it, even though we're more expensive than most of our competitors in our market.

Risky, but worth getting the business.

· Registered
2,013 Posts
Normally all upfront. As a small business, cash flow is key. Taking payment upfront then allows me to use that money to push the business forward. Why wait half a month before you get to do something useful with the cash?

We do offer 50% for big orders ($5k) and organizations such as schools and charity events. Big companies get 30 days, as they are slow to process payments and their accounts are valuable, (if somewhat painful to absorb for us)

· Registered
2,510 Posts
Interesting idea, Brian, I like it.
This is also how I handle almost all wholesale accounts now.

I give them retail pricing plus I give them a wholesale rebate good for 30-60 days.

Lady walks in and wants to start her "garment line". I tell her "We can do a 10/20/30 program for you."

• First order: Retail price, plus a 10% rebate good for 60 days
  • Second order (in 60 days): Retail price, plus a 20% rebate good for 60 days
  • Third order (in 60 days after 2nd): Retail price, plus a 30% rebate good for 60 days.

Orders after the third automatically get the wholesale price, and they can still use any remaining rebate credit for it (if in the proper time frame).

This way, people can get a savings, but I don't get screwed over by those who buy once and disappear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.