T-Shirt Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have tested/used every ink brand available (even Chinese generic textile brands). And there is absolutely is no such thing as a 60 second cure (White Ink*)... Not if you want to wash test it even once, without having it crack.
Every Brother use I've come across has had fine results curing under 45secs for Brother white ink.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I have cured white ink at 40-50 seconds if theres not alot of ink for the design with no issues at all with epson. Also not every any compliant from my customers of ink cracking fading or peeling. They do love how it almost feels like part of the shirt as well :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have cured white ink at 40-50 seconds if theres not alot of ink for the design with no issues at all with epson. Also not every any compliant from my customers of ink cracking fading or peeling. They do love how it almost feels like part of the shirt as well :)
DuPont Ink?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Magical Ink Curing Time Claims..

Every Brother use I've come across has had fine results curing under 45secs for Brother white ink.

I have only tested Epson compatible ink brands.
Thing is, the only video evidence of a wash & stretch test "ever" was produced by yours truly. And that was for Firebird... Would love to see the proof of 45 sec curing times with any ink, with a couple washes and a nice stretch test following the wash...

This is the part of DTG that is largely claim based, without any evidence. I too can make a shirt look presentable with a 30 second cure, with DuPont even... But as soon as that garment goes through a wash cycle, it becomes trash. Same with any other brand - no such thing a sellable t-shirt cured at 30 secs... Not yet anyways... & you'll rethink that philosophy when a customer tries to return a few dozen Tees that you thought looked 'great' during the sale...

Anyone willing to send me their printed product to conduct an honest video torture test, PM me and I'll provide an address... As long as we're putting it out there, would love to test Surecolor F2000 product, Brother GT series printed product....
*Dark prints only please*
Video will be fair & tastefully produced. Wanna see what that 'expensive' ink can really do :rolleyes:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Re: Magical Ink Curing Time Claims..

I have only tested Epson compatible ink brands.
Thing is, the only video evidence of a wash & stretch test "ever" was produced by yours truly. And that was for Firebird... Would love to see the proof of 45 sec curing times with any ink, with a couple washes and a nice stretch test following the wash...

This is the part of DTG that is largely claim based, without any evidence. I too can make a shirt look presentable with a 30 second cure, with DuPont even... But as soon as that garment goes through a wash cycle, it becomes trash. Same with any other brand - no such thing a sellable t-shirt cured at 30 secs... Not yet anyways... & you'll rethink that philosophy when a customer tries to return a few dozen Tees that you thought looked 'great' during the sale...

Anyone willing to send me their printed product to conduct an honest video torture test, PM me and I'll provide an address... As long as we're putting it out there, would love to test Surecolor F2000 product, Brother GT series printed product....
*Dark prints only please*
Video will be fair & tastefully produced. Wanna see what that 'expensive' ink can really do :rolleyes:
When everyone posts cure times here, they post for 2 different variables, 1 in which color ink is simply used, and another where color ink is used with a white underbase.

Nowhere did I see anyone make a claim that they could cure a t shirt for only 30 seconds with a white ink underbase, not even myself made that claim. I stated I could go as low as 50 seconds with a dark shirt/white ink, but it depended on the design & amount of ink used.

Why would anyone agree to do a "dark print" and cure it for 30 seconds for you, when no one claimed it could be done ?? Unless I missed something ??

cheers

·
Registered
291 Posts
Re: Magical Ink Curing Time Claims..

When everyone posts cure times here, they post for 2 different variables, 1 in which color ink is simply used, and another where color ink is used with a white underbase.

Nowhere did I see anyone make a claim that they could cure a t shirt for only 30 seconds with a white ink underbase, not even myself made that claim. I stated I could go as low as 50 seconds with a dark shirt/white ink, but it depended on the design & amount of ink used.

Why would anyone agree to do a "dark print" and cure it for 30 seconds for you, when no one claimed it could be done ?? Unless I missed something ??

cheers

I was generalizing between all brands I tried. With different PTs and cure times. Not off any claim you made personally. Sorry the confusion...

This was one of them, and getting a strong enough cure in 00:30 secs was part of the dialogue in the Video. Technically, you only missed this video: Firebird Ink 30 Second Cure

·
Registered
319 Posts
[Who cares] about your costs vs ours everyone has their own market and that doesn't pertain to anyone's success or failure I been paying for Epson ink for over 8 months and like any other dtg printer they all have quirks. As long as my customers keep coming back and I'm making a profit that's enough for me to keep this printer and paying a premium for Ink does not bother me one bit. When white keeps flowing I'm making $$$$

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
1. Aftermarket ink is NOT on the market for the F2000 at this time, so even discussing such things are irrelevant.

2. Epson's Ink is some of the best I have ever seen. The washability and coverage is 2nd to none. Is it expensive? Yes. But you are not paying for just ink...you are paying for the tech support and service plan that go along with an amazingly reliable machine in reality.

3. Using a 3rd party RIP software will greatly help maximize the ink and printer capabilities.

Now can we get back on topic - John, has the printer been working well since Epson repaired it?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I am sorry you are having these issues. But thank you for bringing this reality to light. It gives me something to consider before purchasing a printer.
From my many years of experience in the DTG industry - the Epson F2000 is one of the most if not the most reliable, easy to use printers on the market.

·
Registered
843 Posts
From my many years of experience in the DTG industry - the Epson F2000 is one of the most if not the most reliable, easy to use printers on the market.
Agree.

The F2000 isn't a toy, it's a work horse... so sh*t happens.

Epson have always played an integral role in the DTG evolution. The F2000, combined with Epson ink tech' and their GC RIP, is second to none in terms of ease of use producing high quality textile reproductions.

And that's just the beginning...

Good to hear you're back on track and banging out the shirts John. ;)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Well Dudes....

All i can say is how much i love how this printer prints. But At this point this is the 2nd time in one month we are down from printing and Epson parts are on back order. Same damn issue prints 4-5 shirts and 2 channels drop out!

Now correct me if im wrong but 2 heads in 30 days wtf! not acceptable! I maintain this printer like no other!!! i have humidity and i print 6 freaking days a week 8-10 hours a day! Now our busiest time of the year and no techs until maybe monday after a call yesterday! This is just unacceptable and if this happens again i will say bye bye to epson and hello kornit or something more reliable! I really thought this printer would be more reliable and now im beginning to think otherwise! Never one issue and 7 months later this!

end rant!

Call me cray cray... but this thread was absolutely all about a purchaser's anger and frustration having to do with:

1.) Ink Channels dropping out (which colors?)
2.) Epson Tech support being way beneath standard
3.) How it impacted his/her ability to sustain an income
4.) The brand new printer's 'unreliability'

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Thread note: a lot of off topic posts have been removed from this thread. Let's keep things friendly and professional here please :) Use the "report bad post" button when things seem to be getting out of hand instead of replying.​

41 - 54 of 54 Posts