T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have have one of these? I thought they were introduced back in mid March. Harry offered to send me one when our machine was installed and we have yet to receive it. I have asked several times when ordering supplies, but I'm always told "next week". At this point, I'm beginning to wonder if these things were ever produced or if there is a problem with them. If anyone out there has one, please let me know how it is working out and when you received it. :confused:

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
We just finished the latest batch of dual shirt holders and will ship one out to you on Monday. To respond to your question, the shirt holder works great. Here is a video of printing on the dual shirt holder with the Veloci-Jet XL. You can print 2 separate jobs at the same time with the dual shirt holder.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVAhIFPR5Ww[/MEDIA]

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Harry,
Thanks for the response. We have had a couple of jobs recently where the double platen would have really helped speed up the job. When printing double like this, does it create any backups at the curing press? I guess we could try to cure two at once if the design is small enough. Maybe it is time to order another heat press.:D

·
Registered
679 Posts
Harry,
Thanks for the response. We have had a couple of jobs recently where the double platen would have really helped speed up the job. When printing double like this, does it create any backups at the curing press? I guess we could try to cure two at once if the design is small enough. Maybe it is time to order another heat press.:D
Good point. I guess printing on dual platens would speed up the process, but curing would get backed up..

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
You will speed up production with the Veloci-Jet XL dual shirt holder. You will have 2 printed shirts at the finish. As pointed out, if the images are small enough you can dry 2 shirts at one time on a single heat press. One other option, of course, is to get an additional heat press. It is an expense but it will be offset by greater production output.

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As Harry promised, our double platen was shipped this week and we received it late yesterday. Thanks, Harry. However, there were no instructions or manual in the box on how to make it work. I was assuming we would need some sort of software or a software update for the rip software so the machine would know to do a double print. Maybe it is something more simple than I think, but it would be nice to know. Please advise. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
As Harry promised, our double platen was shipped this week and we received it late yesterday. Thanks, Harry. However, there were no instructions or manual in the box on how to make it work. I was assuming we would need some sort of software or a software update for the rip software so the machine would know to do a double print. Maybe it is something more simple than I think, but it would be nice to know. Please advise. Thanks.
My guess? Set up 2 images in your RIP to reflect the positioning on the double platen. Most likely they have a template for that, but if not, take some measurements and set it up that way. Should only take a couple of minutes to do.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update. The double platen was easy to set up (thanks Equipment Zone) and is easy to use. Like I thought, the bottleneck is curing two prints after printing. If it turns out we use the double often, we will definitely buy a second heat press. For the right job, this could speed up production quite a bit. :D

·
Registered
679 Posts
Update. The double platen was easy to set up (thanks Equipment Zone) and is easy to use. Like I thought, the bottleneck is curing two prints after printing. If it turns out we use the double often, we will definitely buy a second heat press. For the right job, this could speed up production quite a bit. :D
I'm thinking about getting the dual platen for youth shirts and or really small women's shirts. Would you happen to know the size of each platen?

edit: nevermind, i just watched the video again, 11x13..

·
Registered
77 Posts
The print area is 9" x 12" per platten. The 2 up board is very nice for doing youth and jr's size shirts. Works very well with chest size designs as well that fits into the size paremeters. I would think this is a must have for any one using a Veloci Jet printer

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The print area is 9" x 12" per platten. The 2 up board is very nice for doing youth and jr's size shirts. Works very well with chest size designs as well that fits into the size paremeters. I would think this is a must have for any one using a Veloci Jet printer
Yes, it does work well for the right garment and the right size design, BUT things do back up at the curing press. To maximize the double platen, you need two heat presses, too.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Yes, it does work well for the right garment and the right size design, BUT things do back up at the curing press. To maximize the double platen, you need two heat presses, too.

You do have a point about the greater output of printed garments possibly requiring an additional heat press. But needing another heat press to handle more production per hour also means more profit made per hour.

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
679 Posts
I just want the 2up for the smaller blanks. It would be nice to have 2 presses; One for pretreat/lights, one for darks. One day when I get to that volume...:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am using the 2 up board and love it. alot of the orders we get from the net are sized to where we can print 2 orders at the same time with the 2 up board. it is wonderfull. I also put 2 shirts in the heat press at the same time if you have a 16 x 20 press than it is no problem with the size of the prints. It has def saved us some time getting orders out the door.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts