T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at the end of my rope. We have great film that shows the different dot patterns great. The film burns to screen great. We have used 110 and 156 mesh trying to screen print onto shirts and are losing the crispness of the dots. Our supplies rep thinks we are using the right screen 110 and we are using Wilflex ink and customer provided sample of previously done shirt so we know it is possible and are now feeling completely inept.

Art was created in Corel X3, MultiRip to Epson 1400

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
302 Posts
What color are you printing on what color garment?What line count are you using and whats the density?What durometer squeege are you using?Need this info to trouble shoot for you.Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Navy on Gold, is frequency line count if so it is 80, angle is 45, squeegee came with equipment so I don't know for sure but I have a new squeegee coming in Monday. Don't know where to find line count. Would it be in Corel or MultiRip? Thank you!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
80 LPI halftones- WILL NOT expose or print right on a 110 mesh screen. I think you'd have severe difficulties on 156 or even 230 at that high of a frequency. try 45-55 lpi on 156-230 mesh, I think you'd have a lot more success. Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Make sure your squeege is sharp,hard and the rubber is not rounded in the edge.Higher mesh counts will help.Out of da box is right about the line count.A 45 line half tone works well on a 280 manually.305 for 55 line.But if you have solid areas in the print you might lose density if there is type.I usually run my half tones on a higher mesh count with the type on a lower one.Even if it looks like a one color I use two screens.One to control the dot gain and keep the half tone sharp and the other for enough ink deposit on the solid areas such as type to get the ink density right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts