T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I'm new to this and need some help.
I am printing on Dog Tags and I am having some issues with how the print turns out and it fading. I am using to types of tags. One is a has a white face which I have no problem with and the other one is plain sliver/alluminan.

What happening is when I print on the sliver tag it does not always take on it and the image looks real faded or sometimes it takes but after a day or two the image fades.

They are both pressed at the same temp 200•c for 50secs. Any idea why this might be happening?

I was also thinking of printing a sliver background with the images on top on the white tags would it look the same and give the same effect?

Cheers
Customgi

· Registered
425 Posts
Where did you get the silver tags from? Are they coated for sublimation? Regular aluminum will accept a little ink but it will look a lot lighter and will not hold up. It sounds to me like the silver ones are not coated.

· Registered
555 Posts
On the silver dogtags, you have to make sure you press on the "correct" side. The reason it is random is because on some, you are printing on the sublimated 'clear' side and others you are pressing on the actual aluminum side.

Make sure you press on the "glossy" side of the silver dogtags. It may not look like there's a difference but there is. I have a flood light right above me and when I do those, I make sure I can see a "clear" reflection of that light. If I flip it, I will see the reflection but it will be a bit faded.

"glossy side" is the correct side.

Hopefully this is the issue and helps you out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.