T-Shirt Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Does your screenprinter let you bring in your own shirts

26K views 35 replies 9 participants last post by  Rodney 
I can't speak for others only myself.... I refuse to print on Customer provided shirts for one main reason.... and it has nothing to do with shirt markup... It is because things can and do go wrong from time to time and a shirt is ruined.

Many shirts (Duckhead for example) have price tags attached that are double what the stores actually sell them for sometimes more... Mess one of these up and a customer will try to get you to pay the tag price.... have had it happen more then once.... Also If they bring you some close-out shirt you may not even be able to find a replacement... Its just BAD BUSINESS no matter how you slice it if your getting a dollar or two a print on a couple dozen shirts then have to spend 10.00 in gas trying to locate a replacement shirt well it doesnt take a math genius to see the results..

Its all a numbers game anyway.. As stated in a previous post it requires so much a shirt to keep a shop open we can call it shirt markup or we can call it setup charges or we can call it screen charges we can list it on their reciept in any number of creative ways but the bottom line is well the bottom line it requires so much a shirt to pay the bills on time and keep the front door open...

We have a simple pricing system that our customers like they dont have to bring a calculator along to figure up all the charges.. Give them a price list for one color print per shirt period.... everything included... two color prints per shirt everything included.... etc.
Seems to be working because we stay busy.....

Like I said at the begining I can only speak for my own shop....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.