T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings.

I'm wondering if I'm in the right ballpark with a potential job.

I've got a job that's 250 t-shirts with 3 colors on the front and one color on the back. It should take 4 screens.

After crunching numbers using my Excel quote estimator, it looks like the job would be around $1,600 (assuming I can get the shirts at $2.50 a piece - customer hasn't made a choice yet).

Does this seem too high?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
My calculator just died. :( ....kiddin'

Do you know what your bottom line mark up is to stay in business and make a living at it? if so, add that to your cost and even a little more if you can.

:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Our price would be about $1372 (includes screens, colored Gildan 2000, & printing)

Profit for this job would be about $752.

But it seems our prices are too low?!?! lol :p

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
It's a 3-1/2 to 4 hour job on an auto. Charging 6.50/pc = 250-300.00/hr profit @ 1600.00 for the job, 1000.00 profit. That ain't bad money. I'd love to do that all day every day.
On a manual, the math would work different, but I don't see how anybody could not make money at 6.50/pc. JMHO.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I think that you are right on with the price. The only thing I thought was that you should be able to find shirts cheaper than $2.50.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks good to me. How's it look to you? If you know you're costs and volume and overhead, you'll know whether it's good or not.
That's just it. This is my first year, so I went by budget numbers. I also don't like it when customers say they can't afford it. They don't tell me if they're going to someone else or not doing it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Our price would be about $1372 (includes screens, colored Gildan 2000, & printing)

Profit for this job would be about $752.

But it seems our prices are too low?!?! lol :p
I'm using a 10% M/U for shirts and a 10% M/U on the total cost. I also am including cost for 10% mistake rate. Maybe you're not too low for where you are. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think that you are right on with the price. The only thing I thought was that you should be able to find shirts cheaper than $2.50.
I think so, too. I was working the numbers before the customer gave me their choice for shirts off my online catalog. More than likely, it will be in the $1.50 to $1.90 range.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts