T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Forum!

I've been interested in the pro's of a vinyl cutter for a while, but never seen one to know what would suit me.

I have in mind that a vinyl cutter would be a good investment for me IF you can print onto the vinyl and it would cut around that to create a "printed" decal. AND if you can create a design in illustrator and then have the vinyl cutter cut the design from the vinyl AND it could also cut vinyl for T shirt making AND cut different types of vinyl (flock etc) AND the detail it can cut around is good.

So does something that does all that exist? Printing full colour as well as cutting?

Or have I made something up in my head? ha ha.

Further to that if it does exist, I'm in the UK and wonder where I could buy one and how much it would cost / what the options are. I always see the same ones on ebay but have read on here that they can be a bit low on quality for detailed cutting etc...

Thanks for any advice.

John

· Registered
59 Posts
Sounds like what you are looking for is the Roland Versacamm print/cut series of machines. They come in 2 sizes: 30" and 54". They also come in 2 different speeds for each size; the only difference is that one can print more yards of material within an hour than the other. You have the 30"/54" SP version, which prints at a slower speed; and the 30"/54" VP version that has faster printing speeds.

As far as cost goes, you're looking at $11,000/$17,000 U.S. Dollars for the 30"/54" SP versions, and $15,000/$21,000 U.S. Dollars for the 30"/54" VP versions.

One of the preferred vendors for this forum is Imprintables Warehouse (you can find their link in the left column under the preferred vendors section). They not only sell the Roland Versacamms, but also the material you will printing on (including other materials such as twill).

The machines are versatile; you are not just limited to vinyl for apparel and other substrates, but also can print vinyl decals, signs, posters, banners, etc. with the machine; so (IMO), it's a worthwhile investment.

Hope this helps, good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.