T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand newbie here :)

I am in the process of setting up my own women's active wear shirt business and I am sourcing shirts I like. Personally I like a slightly fitted tee/tank so have found a shirt (Winning Spirit) which is a 95% cotton/5% elastane blend.

For those in the know, and have printed on blends before - does DTG printing work on this blend and will it last as long on this blend? Some printers are unsure, some say no and some say yes so I would like someone in business to let me know their thoughts please :)

Thanks heaps!
Alicia

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Brand newbie here :)

I am in the process of setting up my own women's active wear shirt business and I am sourcing shirts I like. Personally I like a slightly fitted tee/tank so have found a shirt (Winning Spirit) which is a 95% cotton/5% elastane blend.

For those in the know, and have printed on blends before - does DTG printing work on this blend and will it last as long on this blend? Some printers are unsure, some say no and some say yes so I would like someone in business to let me know their thoughts please :)

Thanks heaps!
Alicia
We always recommend 100% cotton for DTG printing, but some blends with 80% cotton still print and wear ok. Sampling/Testing is important before you commit to a larger run.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts