T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
honeyflip said:
I was thinking of design on both front and back - not a company logo.
Thanks for clarifying that.

It probably depends on the design. It would be best if it was something clever, where the design on the back added something to the whole concept of the shirt.

But I don't know if people would pay more for it, or if they would want to buy it more just because of that feature. People are so fickle. :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I did a promo shirt like that last week. I should ask my friend how people liked it and maybe I can have some feedback for you. He liked it, but it was free to him.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I imagine that it wouldn't be strong enough to be a selling point on it's own. People can and will like double-sided shirts, but they may not be willing to pay extra for them (and it will cost you more to make them). If you've got a clever idea that works on both sides and you can afford to do it, I'd say give it a try. I just wouldn't recommend trying to make that a huge selling point.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I agree, I don't "think" a design on both sides would factor into someone's buying decision, but at the same time, I don't have any data to back that up.

I don't know if people see a design on both sides and equate it to more of a value. Something tells methat they don't really think about it. The normal customer doesn't realize that it costs more to print on both sides, so I don't think they would value it more.

On a related note, it's possible that an "allover" type print (over the seams) might be considered a higher value in customer's minds because it is something a bit more unique that you don't see everyday.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I disagree with most responses here because nobody really has any pertinant info. Rodney stated the all over printing process which I think is very popular has a market share. Actually a very large market share for designed product. I cant do it....most cant do it......large scale printers can and they are taking their profit share from the I cant market. The winners in this market are the designers and I have no problem there. Is it popular...check your local mall...is it feasable?....check you national printer...can I afford it?..If its happenning now you are 6 months behind the curve!!!! What do you folks think?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm. Okay. No one seems to have any hard data on it. Only guesses, but intelligent guesses are a lot better than nothing, so mucho thanks for the feedback. I'll probably steer clear of double-sided designs for now, unless a specific design absolutely demands it.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Actually belt printing is where you need to look. Sorry to dissuade ya but price and reality take full court. Yes it can be done ...anything can be done for a price!!! double sided desings in transfers etc are easily done. I am sorry you didnt get the answer you were looking for but we are here to help. I will try to be a better resource for you so dont get impatient. Best of luck!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've seen quite a few of those shirts around here in LA that sell for quite a bit of money $20+. Thats the latest trend for some of the hurley, rvca, skater/punk type shirts. For smaller companies, this will create more work since you have to print the outside, then flip the shirt inside out for the inside. Timeliness or Tedious? What's your hourly cost?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice. That's a great design.

I suppose it really boils down to the right design. If an idea comes along that just begs for two sides, whether it's a joke or just the call of symetry (sp?), then I'll have to try it. The extra cost isn't all that onerous if the colors are limited. Pass it on to the customer...

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
honeyflip said:
If an idea comes along that just begs for two sides, whether it's a joke or just the call of symetry (sp?), then I'll have to try it. The extra cost isn't all that onerous if the colors are limited. Pass it on to the customer...
Actually, with plastisol transfers, the cost would be the same if you yield the big and smaller design using the same colors on a sheet. You would still need to press the shirt 2 times, but the transfer cost would be the same. Even if you just add your logo related to the design it adds a little more to the value of the shirt in general.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
T-BOT said:
Actually, with plastisol transfers, the cost would be the same if you yield the big and smaller design using the same colors on a sheet.
No it wouldn't. There's the increased labour costs (which you mentioned), and the fact that if you weren't using the space for the back design you could be using it for something else.

The only time the cost would be the same for you is if you are outsourcing to a fulfillment site that doesn't charge extra for two sided printing; if you're doing it yourself (and most of the time even if you're not) it will always cost you more.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts