T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use screen printing test squares to test their heat transfers on before running a job?

I'm a die hard screen printer, but I have recently purchased a heat press for use on certain jobs. As a screen printer I use test squares which are 16x20 and made of a non-woven synthentic material to register my screens.

I was wondering if any heat press operators use these squares as test sheets for their transfers. Idea's on the subject? Pros?? Cons???

Anyone interested is seeing what I'm talking about, just search "test squares" on Ebay, and I'm sure you'll get some examples.

· Registered
3,923 Posts
Yes,
I test every transfer i do before i do them, I cut them into pieces,, large enough to capture some of all the colors.
I test on old t-shirts the same material as to what i am printing,, there are so many different transfers,, that way , i can adjust my temp, pressure or time as needed..
HOpe this helps,

· Registered
2,475 Posts
Yes I also test each transfer before running a job. I too cut them into quarters and test each to make sure everything is perfect before continuing. But what I have been using to test on as of late are wiping cloths from Lowes. They are basically cut up t-shirts sold in a bundle for $1.98. I picked up a pack when I stained my deck and the first rag I pulled out of the pack was the sleeve from a long sleeve t-shirt. From then on I just pick up a few packs and begun using them to test my transfers on.

Veedub3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.