T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My target market is aimed towards athletic adults (18-30 yrs old). Has anyone had success with selling polos?

What are some nice wholesale polos?...Gilden and Anvil has a few polos I wanna try out.

Has anyone printed on polos? How has it turned out?

I also want to embroider on polos as well.

· Registered
626 Posts
depending on what your looking to do really can't tell you what works best for a polo (screen print or emb) for polo's we usually do embroidery only since it looks a whole hell of alot nicer and with the buttons on the front of the shirt to do a left chest imprint you need to make sure you have abit more of a off contact then normal unless your look to do a back job. then I can see you looking to do screen printing since the buttons will be on the underside of the planten board and you can still have regular off contact you do when you screen print t-shirts.

As for the second part those shirts you mentioned all sound good. But, if you really want to do a really good polo your going to have to go to the higher end of the polo's. there are suppliers who carry nike, tiger woods and a whole bunch others that I can't even remember since I have sold some of the higher end shirts to people and they love them to death. have a look around and see what works. Here is what our embroidery teacher told us about 4 yrs ago. goes like this you have 2 sets of fonts books. with the amount of fonts out there you will have customers in your store for hrs looking over the vast amount of fonts. I usually make 2 books. one book has a bunch of general fonts. I would only take out the other book if the customer said I have this font I'm looking for. that is what you should do also. have the low end type of polo's for oh lets say a business and for oh lets say a golf outing or someplace that a lower quality polo wouldn't fit in but a higher end would that is what I have done and have had very good sucess with that.

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have screen printed and embroidered polos.. Polos range from $3 to $50 in various fabrics, colors, etc.. Customers can be picky about their polos so you need to know your demographic and how much they are willing to spend.
Thanks!

I love polos and I wear a lot of Ralph Lauren polos. They mainly have 2 types of material, the 100% cotton and the mesh. From personal preference, I like both matierials.

How did the screen print turn out on your polos?

· Registered
897 Posts
Thanks!

I love polos and I wear a lot of Ralph Lauren polos. They mainly have 2 types of material, the 100% cotton and the mesh. From personal preference, I like both matierials.

How did the screen print turn out on your polos?
I have screen printed a lot of polos. They come out looking great. If you are printing left chest just use a sleeve pallet and let the buttons hang right off the edge of the pallet and out of the way of the screen.

· Registered
897 Posts
I just used regular plastisol... also I just used the regular platen and not the sleeve platen. With it being a left chest logo I did not have any issue using a 4" squeegee and the buttons never effected the print.
You can but if you are printing close to the buttons due to a wider image and doing multi color it can affect the print and even damage the screen mesh. Why risk it when you can just use a sleeve pallet. I have some special 6" wide pallets that I use for this also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.