T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
M&R gauntlet attachment identification

Does anyone know what this piece of equipment is? It comes with a 1994 gt-8 revolver i'm looking at buying.

It has air lines running into it and what looks like knobs for controlling the flood and stroke speed. I just don't have one of these for my press now and don't know what it is for.

Attachments

· Registered
2,942 Posts
I'm fairly new to using that model of press, but, unless I'm mistaken, that's the arm for the print head. The two threaded rods with the black starshaped "thumb wheels" are for adjusting off-contact - that set raises or lowers the back clamp. The two levers at the other end secure the front clamp assembly when you swing in down after slipping your screen into the back clamp. I know there were variants of this press, and I don't know the year of the one I use, but it has those parts at each end of the print arm. The front clamp assembly also has those threaded "wheels" to adjust the off-contact on the front clamp. Although I can't see them in the photo, the "knobs" for controlling squeegie and floodbar speed are mounted on top on my press. They're small knurled knobs. Is that them on the side?

· Registered
2,152 Posts
I bet 244 does. ;)
I've never run across one of those, but your guess sounds plausible to me--it looks like a stripped down head for a shuttle flash--two hoses for a double action cylinder. I've always wondered why dedicated flash heads weren't more common. (I know I hate moving the flash. )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.