T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any on know the fashion term for this design? What’s the design process of how this vest was made in reference to the graphic? I wouldn’t call it embroidery, what would be the correct term? I’m trying get something similar made and I don’t want to look like an idiot lol

Attachments

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I'd call it applique, possibly quilted if stitching goes through more than 2 layers of fabric.
People do use these terms interchangeably, so it doesn't really matter, but technically...
a) Patchwork is pieces of fabric stitched together (single layer).
b) Applique is pieces of fabric (one or more layers) stitched on top of a base layer.
c) Quilt is usually two layers of fabric with a filler in between, and top layer is often patchwork embroidery or applique.

·
Registered
Custom DTF Transfers
55 Posts
People do use these terms interchangeably, so it doesn't really matter, but technically...
a) Patchwork is pieces of fabric stitched together (single layer).
b) Applique is pieces of fabric (one or more layers) stitched on top of a base layer.
c) Quilt is usually two layers of fabric with a filler in between, and top layer is often patchwork embroidery or applique.
Agree it doesn't matter, but if you zoom in, it looks to me IMHO more likely stitched on top (applique) than pieced together (patchwork), and most probably going through multiple layers (quilted).

Whatever it is, it's definitely a nice piece of art, skilled labor intensive, and very probably expensive enough for me to want to hang it on a wall rather than ruining it by wearing it casually (I don't have rockstar money). Would be curious retail price.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Would be curious retail price.
Outerwear Product Sleeve Organism T-shirt

People are free to akk whatever price they want, but I wouldn't wear this even if it was for free.
They are not expensive to make by the way. I've seen similar style jackets priced $12 to $15 wholesale.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for everyone input.
Another question, do you think I could get this made in one factory or would I have to use two different factories. (Something similar to this)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts