T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This tshirt looks heat pressed but if so then with what heat transfer paper. I've had it for a while and it's never faded or got damaged so I want to have that same quality for my heat pressed tshirts please help!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If this was new, i'd say it's a piece of plastic packaging glued to the shirt.
That's how it looks.

The print is obviously not digital.
Looks like low resolution flexography.
You don't want your transfers to look like this. Looks cheap and wrinkly.
That's true but I can't seem to find a heat transfer paper that still looks good after going through the washer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This tshirt looks heat pressed but if so then with what heat transfer paper. I've had it for a while and it's never faded or got damaged so I want to have that same quality for my heat pressed tshirts please help!!!
\
The image you have is a vinyl print made with a Roland printer or something like that

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I have printed stuff like that on my BN20. That one looks well worn, like it has been worn and washed many many times.
You've printed HTV with adhesive oozing from all sides?
Also why would you print thick CMYK halftones when your printer can print crisp solid colors?
This really does look like LDPE packaging film to me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You've printed HTV with adhesive oozing from all sides?
Also why would you print thick CMYK halftones when your printer can print crisp solid colors?
This really does look like LDPE packaging film to me.
You need to read what he is actually asking, and that is how to make a quality image to press on a shirt. I was saying that I have made lots of those with my BN20.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
You need to read what he is actually asking, and that is how to make a quality image to press on a shirt. I was saying that I have made lots of those with my BN20.
if so then with what heat transfer paper.
Note that the ink layer is under the film protecting it from abrasion.
The BN20 can definitely print the ink layer... but the question is basically what film and what adhesive.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
it looks like the forever soft flex dark
no, forever flex-soft is like htv, it comes in singular colors

if you mean forever laser dark, then no as well

look at all the wrinkling of the design near the fruit top, and the edges peeling up in the last image of post 1 (splathead was right, it looks very cheap and wrinkly)
i don't think you could achieve that with laser dark

it looks like the old-skool plastic wrap trick, except the window edge would be a real pain to cut (as the design is quite small)
heck it could be modge-podge, too bad op never came back to say where they purchased

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
looks like my roland printable htv
does it leave a glue outline like the pics?
is it not print and cut, and then press like normal htv (no visible glue edge, the glue layer is cut with the printed layer as one)

i'm shocked this is the quality you achieve with your roland (horrible wrinkling, edges lifting, glue everywhere, grossly glossy, etc.)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts