T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I just bouhgt my first printer plotter cutter so i'm in the learning process. I purchased a good name so i would not have any problems but them when i purchased materials 70/30 see through window vinyl they said i would need a laminatore So now i need to know is it fine to pay less for a laminator or does it have to be a good name or else you will have problems and wrinkles?
what is the difference between hot and cold laminators? Do you need a laminator for alot of projects? and what types of projects? I will be going for a course on car wrap this year so i want to be ready
thanks Belinda

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
If you gonna do Vehicle wraps than you will need a old laminator and difference between cold and hot is a few thing
Cold means it apply laminate which will bond without heat and come in handy for heat sensitive material like vinyl.
Hot is used for poster and apply the laminate with heat and cost alot less material wise than cold.
Cold is alot more durable and better for outdoor use.
Now a good laminator ain't cheap...
Royal and Bainfaige. will run your around 6 thousand dollars
you can buy a Daige for 2000 but it has a learning curve.
I will Assume you bought a Roland sp or vp 30 or 54
I am in sign business so I know about this crap
If you need more help on this kinda of stuff than check out Signs101 or Signs 201 I got kicked off both LMfao Tell Sign&Frame said hi ;)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Ya creator guy name is dale i think and people seem to like using it but good for small jobs.
Doing wraps won't really be good because it will take for ever. It cost like 150 bucks I believe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts