T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
At first glance they are an American Apparel clone; but "we've" been using them for awhile now and I can say they are not a clone. I like their fit more and thier quality and consistancy is good too. We don't get twisted and mis-sown shirts from them.

More importantly, they are more friendly when it comes to wholesale than American Apparel.

However, their necks are alittle wide for my taste.

dylan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Check out this page on the summit apparel site:

http://www.summit-source.com/internal.asp?name=Site&catID=5129&parentID=3151

Is this the same Alternative Apparel?

I found this while researching Royal Apparel. From what I understand, Summit App. is the parent company of Royal App. Most of the Royal app. product is made in Allentown, PA, but a few of the styles are made in Honduras.. (according to the guy on the phone who took my order for a sample t-shirt)

If anyone else has any info on Royal App. I would greatly appreciate it as well.. I was only able to find one site that is selling printed t-shirts on Royal Appareal.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I actually bought a red cross shirt from the red cross website a few weeks ago and it was printed on an AlternativeApparel t-shirt.

I really liked the feel and weight of the t-shirt, so I looked them up. The AlternativeApparel pricing is a bit high, but I dig the quality of the shirts and the shirt I bought had that "vintage feel" that a lot of sites seem to be going for.

The style of their website is pretty similar to AmericanApparel though, but their clothing line is a bit different.

My neighbor said he used them for a large run of shirts and had some problems with inconsistent color and a few other things, but I haven't tried them out wholesale-wise yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
superTs said:
Yes, that is the same brand I was asking about. I talked to them today, and for their normal men's t-shirt, it costs about $4 + 25 cents for shipping.
Thats close to the Royal App. prices I received, but only if you order by the case/dozen... It would be interesting to know what the real relationship is between all these companies.. Makes me a bit hesitant in some ways, not exactly knowing what company is a spin off of the other, etc.

I also hate calling the Royal App phone number and having them answer with some other company name... Are they realy not large enough to afford their own secratary?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this is a really old thread, but I just wanted post a little about Alternative's pricing. Unlike other companies, we put our garments threw extra garment washing techniques to give every shirt a soft feel right away. You'll see that you are for sure getting what you pay for. We could skip this process and lower our prices... but the feel of Alternative is what sets us apart. Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for letting me post! :)
jez

1 - 9 of 9 Posts