T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,997 Posts
I use Photoshop to do my separations,,,, more of my work is done in layers and not in channels in which I would normally do.

Taking the advantage of layering every color in PS in which you can apply choking and trapping effects for each. I choke some of my layers (simple underbase) by applying an "inner stroke" in white color whereas the vector image is black. Trapping is applied by an "outer stroke" with a black color.

· Registered
468 Posts
The more choke the smaller your underbase. If you have a press with good micro registration then do a 1 pixel choke. My press doesn't have micro registration so I choke at 2 or three pixels. As far as white underbase goes I just click the button and it creates an underbase so ya it doesn't give me any problems so not sure what to say about this.

Just experiment with different levels of choke and see what results you get and go with the one you can do or are happy with.

· Registered
1,831 Posts
I haven't had the program for long and I'm trying to figure out how to get a white underbase.

Untinted or Tinted
Choke of 1 or 2 or 3 or 4

Which options should I go with, what choke should i use?

Thanks
J
Jeff,

First thanks for using SimpleSeps! Most of your questions are answered in the video tutorials at this link.

advancedtshirts.com - Simple Seps CorelDRAW Color Management Color Separations Tutorials

These tutorials are also on your DVD when you recieve it.

Untinted base is solid white underbase a tinted base converts the underbase to grayscale. Choke 1 2 3 4 is amount of points you push the edges of your under base back.

Hope this help and if you have any other questions or need me to clarify more let me know I will be glad too.

· Registered
560 Posts
Jeff,

First thanks for using SimpleSeps! Most of your questions are answered in the video tutorials at this link.

advancedtshirts.com - Simple Seps CorelDRAW Color Management Color Separations Tutorials

These tutorials are also on your DVD when you recieve it.

Untinted base is solid white underbase a tinted base converts the underbase to grayscale. Choke 1 2 3 4 is amount of points you push the edges of your under base back.

Hope this help and if you have any other questions or need me to clarify more let me know I will be glad too.
Just curious as to why you would want your underbase converted to grayscale?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.