T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
It depends on what type you are looking for. if you want a thinner shirt continental has some nice light wieght ones. If you are looking for a heavier shirt try spunbamboo.com. Thier bamboo shirts are really nice too. Hope this helps :)

Welcome to the forums :)

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
While we're on the subject, all the bamboo shirts I've seen in stores were bamboo rayon. Shiny and soft but probably wrinkle like crazy. Are bamboo tees made from rayon or are they more like a cotton tee?

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
They are usually a mix of 70% bamboo fiber and 30% organic cotton fiber. There are a few places out there that have 100% bamboo but I have not seen these. There is another place that Rodney sent me some bamboo shirts from canada that were also really nice, about the same I think from spunbamboo.com. They do feel super soft though, much softer then 100%cotton. I sleep in them all the time cause they are so cozy :)

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Are bamboo tees made from rayon or are they more like a cotton tee?
Bamboo is rayon. It's not a matter of one being made from the other - they're the same thing. Rayon is a fabric made from regenerated cellulose fibres.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Bamboo is rayon. It's not a matter of one being made from the other - they're the same thing. Rayon is a fabric made from regenerated cellulose fibres.
I know what rayon is, its made from wood pulp. What I didn't know was if bamboo was always made into rayon or if it could be processed into some other fabric. Bamboo is always made into rayon, got it, thanks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Bobbie is right on the money! I have used continental and spunbamboo. I really like the "lightness" of the continental shirts and the 6 colors as well. I am hoping that they will get some lighter colors soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My ONNO shirts came the other day. OMG, I may never wear anything else ever again.

Thermoflex Plus and Specialty Materials Deco Film gold is sticking so far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts